real time web analytics
Report - - Nobel Explosives Electrical Substation.. Ardeer, December 2021 | Other Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Nobel Explosives Electrical Substation.. Ardeer, December 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
It's not a substation for Nobels, it was just for the ICI nylon plant

Theres already a report floating around from a few years back but not sure if it ever made it to NP.. could well still be in deeper corners of the forum!
I just see the whole site originally as Novels in Ardeer. But then bought out by ICI. I did state in the write up about the nylon works.

I looked for any reports on it to see if in np or not. Could not find any so stuck it in NP for the control room.

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great stuff, it's the control and admin block from the second power station in the next door ICI plant as Speed was saying. Had a rummage through the paperwork on my visit a bit back and from what we could fathom out was it was a 70's built 50MW station, operating a pair of 25MW turbos. Had a single cooling tower as a part of the CW system which apparently collapsed in the 80s!

Edit - See you've already mentioned the cooling tower.. Seems to often be problems with them haha!

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great stuff, it's the control and admin block from the second power station in the next door ICI plant as Speed was saying. Had a rummage through the paperwork on my visit a bit back and from what we could fathom out was it was a 70's built 50MW station, operating a pair of 25MW turbos. Had a single cooling tower as a part of the CW system which apparently collapsed in the 80s!

Edit - See you've already mentioned the cooling tower.. Seems to often be problems with them haha!
Thank you. I should have put more clearly it was the nylon part. I just always see it as Nobel ha ha. I was hoping to find what it was but a lot of the paperwork had gone. Bet it was a nice little power station. They reckon the nylon side of things employed more than the main explosives site.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I reckon this can prob go public soon..had a few people asking about it. And I think a while load are looking for it today so will be over the FB groups by tonight. I tried to deny going then someone sent a screenshot of my post in here. Then the guy who gave me a heads up even got a screenshot of it. Just a little heads up anyway.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I reckon this can prob go public soon..had a few people asking about it. And I think a while load are looking for it today so will be over the FB groups by tonight. I tried to deny going then someone sent a screenshot of my post in here. Then the guy who gave me a heads up even got a screenshot of it. Just a little heads up anyway.

So were you messaged on FB? or a pm on here. If it were someone on here, they have access to NP and therefore trustable. If it was an unknown FB user that would mean someone yet again is posting stuff from NP publicly. Undermines NP again. I really hope these messages were from an NP member intending to keep it on the qt.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
So were you messaged on FB? or a pm on here. If it were someone on here, they have access to NP and therefore trustable. If it was an unknown FB user that would mean someone yet again is posting stuff from NP publicly. Undermines NP again. I really hope these messages were from an NP member intending to keep it on the qt.
No I got two messages on FB from people on my friends list who I don't know personally, asking for intel on it saying I had been. I denied it then one showed me the screenshot. I looked a bit stupid then. I would not dream of sending stuff on np like that too different people then they get awkward questioning. The guy who gave me the heads up got asked but denied it. And he was sent the screenshot. I never posted any pics either or mentioned it. If on here it would be no problem from a fellow member. If people want to tell others do it themselves but don't bring me into it :D

Calamity Jane

Regular User
No I got two messages on FB from people on my friends list who I don't know personally, asking for intel on it saying I had been. I denied it then one showed me the screenshot. I looked a bit stupid then. I would not dream of sending stuff on np like that too different people then they get awkward questioning. The guy who gave me the heads up got asked but denied it. And he was sent the screenshot. I never posted any pics either or mentioned it. If on here it would be no problem from a fellow member. If people want to tell others do it themselves but don't bring me into it :D
Ah I get ya. I make you right. I'm the same. I mostly ignore stranger messages, I get asked for pins for places I've not even reported :rolleyes: lol.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Ah I get ya. I make you right. I'm the same. I mostly ignore stranger messages, I get asked for pins for places I've not even reported :rolleyes: lol.
Ha ha I know. I have had many random messages. But someone still showed my post to these randoms though. That's why they messaged me. Maybe I am making something out of nothing.

UrbandonedTeam

the north
Regular User

It done been on the FB and Instagram already

Calamity Jane

Regular User
Ha ha I know. I have had many random messages. But someone still showed my post to these randoms though. That's why they messaged me. Maybe I am making something out of nothing.
It happens Mike. As Speed says, we spring leaks all the time. It has caused much debate.