real time web analytics
Report - - Nuplex Resins - London - March 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Nuplex Resins - London - March 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ekto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Explore:

access was tricky me and a pal explored a defunct part of the site, the site is still operational, the inside is mostly cleared apart from the heavy machinery

The History:

originally called Pinchin Johnson & Associates the business was founded in 1834 as a producer of oils and turpentines in Silvertown in London. It grew by acquisition buying up competitors such as Red Hand and Docker Brothers. It had larger operations in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and India and smaller operations in the United States of America, Nigeria and the Far East In 1960 it was acquired by Courtaulds who in 1968 went about merging it with the International Paints business which they had acquired earlier in the year eventually acquired by Akzonobel who operates it to this day

The Pictures:

Mzg4j7w.jpg

D4ND3Cn.jpg

eU95JBP.jpg

rL6KbnY.jpg

pjP4pOo.jpg

and a cheeky shot of the dome from the far end of the site

80UWEWD.jpg

Thanks for looking

Ekto.

Batty8080

28DL Member
28DL Member
The Explore:

access was tricky me and a pal explored a defunct part of the site, the site is still operational, the inside is mostly cleared apart from the heavy machinery

The History:

originally called Pinchin Johnson & Associates the business was founded in 1834 as a producer of oils and turpentines in Silvertown in London. It grew by acquisition buying up competitors such as Red Hand and Docker Brothers. It had larger operations in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and India and smaller operations in the United States of America, Nigeria and the Far East In 1960 it was acquired by Courtaulds who in 1968 went about merging it with the International Paints business which they had acquired earlier in the year eventually acquired by Akzonobel who operates it to this day

The Pictures:

Mzg4j7w.jpg

D4ND3Cn.jpg

eU95JBP.jpg

rL6KbnY.jpg

pjP4pOo.jpg

and a cheeky shot of the dome from the far end of the site

80UWEWD.jpg

Thanks for looking

Ekto.
I worked at International paints for approx 20 years from 1980 to 1999 since these pictures were taken the site has now been demolished. the picture of the line of tanks was the middle floor of the Kent mill showing a line of C mixers the other pictures show D mixers the ground pigments were added then reduced with resin and solvents tested to the correct colour and viscosity then filled into barrels or 25 litre cans on the bottom floor C mixers held approx 1500 litres. Happy days with good people

TONT

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I worked at International paints for approx 20 years from 1980 to 1999 since these pictures were taken the site has now been demolished. the picture of the line of tanks was the middle floor of the Kent mill showing a line of C mixers the other pictures show D mixers the ground pigments were added then reduced with resin and solvents tested to the correct colour and viscosity then filled into barrels or 25 litre cans on the bottom floor C mixers held approx 1500 litres. Happy days with good people
I trained the forklift operators in the mid nineties, I remember Alan Shanks, Dave Dove and many others. Nice lads and good times.

Batty8080

28DL Member
28DL Member
so many good people, I also remember Alan Shanks, Harry Cox, George Newton, Charlie Hutson, Terry Leathers, Andy and his father Ted Blotsam, Steve Harrington, Bill Bays, Roger Dugon, Tony Sewel, would love to contact anyone from International paints so many good people, good times

TONT

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
so many good people, I also remember Alan Shanks, Harry Cox, George Newton, Charlie Hutson, Terry Leathers, Andy and his father Ted Blotsam, Steve Harrington, Bill Bays, Roger Dugon, Tony Sewel, would love to contact anyone from International paints so many good people, good times
Yes Ted Bloxham, Steve Harrington, George Davis, Kevin Reeve, John Pinches, Keith Sharmon, Kenny Hennessy, Peter Ford, Brian Tegg, all nice lads leaving me with good memories.