real time web analytics
Question - - On the hunt for a torch | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - On the hunt for a torch

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DubbedNavigator

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello lovely people.

I'm on the hunt for a torch, primary reason at the moment is for the upcoming download festival, but I want it for the various Wiltshire etc meets as well so a bit of an all rounder but being nice and compact.

Is the lenser p7 still the daddy? Can get that for about 30 quid at the moment.

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
Lensor T7M if you can get it when its on offer, higher output than the 7.2 and a slightly smaller body.

elhomer12

Maglite size T-rex, It's time for urbex!
28DL Full Member
P7.2 is probably a good call, I have the P14.2 and its great, a bit heftier than the P7.2 but apparently not really any brighter.

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I had the P7.2 and then grabbed the M7 when it was on offer and not used the 7.2 since, much prefer the M7 but probably more a personal preference that :)

professor frink

Reppin Bumbaclaat
28DL Full Member
Feck me Dubbed you are finally buying a decent torch, I thought you would know what a good torch is as you have been borrowing so many :p
The M7 is a superb bit of kit, it has a proper on off switch rather than the stupid multi function one which lead to many warm pockets and flat batteries.

YorkshireLuchador

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'll stick to my £8 jobby off eBay at the moment, so far so good, I'd love a sexy torch but I can't bring myself to spend £35-50, maybe I'm not as horny for torches as I should be

rastapasta69

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There's a double back of torches at Costo, LED 750 lumens, light weight, zoom in and out, no hot spot, 20 quid and comes with Duracell batteries for each torch (Takes C's) can't fault them for the price,

tigger

mog
Regular User
I recently lost a P7 (looked pretty sinking in some lovely clear blue water in a Welsh mine - too mesmerised to even think to video it!). Back up was a similar sized and power one I'd picked up in a large supermarket (name begins with a T) for a tenner a couple of years ago. The cheap one does the job. Build quality almost as good as the ledlenser. Light output whiter but with occasional flicker. Has all the funky modes. Not sure what the claimed output is but it seems ok and has always lasted well enough on a set of batteries.
I'll probably buy a M7R to complement my X21R2 as we have to have our gadgets..............................a couple more of the ten quid jobs might come first though as it never upsets me as much when I lose those when camping.

I'm told by a couple of looomen junkies that Aldi often have fairly decent torches in their 'specials'