real time web analytics
Report - - Palace Hotel Roof - Manchester - Aug 2015 (+ funny Stranton vid) | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Palace Hotel Roof - Manchester - Aug 2015 (+ funny Stranton vid)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Ok Me @stranton @ACID- REFLUX Decided to go check some rooftops wanted to do for a while. After a good look round and 2 semi fails I.E getting in getting to top to find seals etc. We decided to have a look at palace. Well we never expected to do the roof but lady luck was with us and yep we got there. I Am slightly sad by the fact with all the rush of being there and my shot finally at the clock tower. People who know me also know i have wanted that for a while. Well everything was perfect and going to plan. Everything i knew about it. People who have been here know what they have to do. Well lets just say we where in the tower to find a bloody locked door :banghead. Absolute heartbreak not sure if its a new door or old but it was locked. GUTTED however we was on roof and that to me is a big plus so not staying downhearted we took some shots enjoyed the view . Wait mmmm well some of us did poor acid was not feeling great and sadly effected his experience however sure he loves the fact we did it. The Experience was so much fun i absolutely loved it. Now some may be disappointed at not getting the tower. So i'm going to quote @tweek who was a real star in spurring us on " You can do everything right it all goes to plan and is perfect only to be stopped by something that cant be passed and you've Just gotta get on with it " Good words @tweek Thanks for everything m8ty owe ya. And @stranton thanks to you also for going having a quick look to make sure was ok and letting us oldies have a break lol. But @stranton no more crazy crap kk m8ty Scared the crap outa me and acid. Anyway seems work is ongoing at palace and we just struck lucky. So on with pics now please pics are not the best due to several reasons no tripods cause didn't wanna risk questions and there was rain and we never expected to be there lol. But I've done what i can and hope you all understand k. Also added a bonus video of @stranton that's a must see lol.

History: From wiki

The Palace Hotel, previously the Refuge Assurance Building or Refuge Building, stands at the corner of Oxford Street and Whitworth Street in Manchester, England.

The first phase of this Grade II* listed red brick and terracotta building was designed for the Refuge Assurance Company by Alfred Waterhouse and built 1891–1895.[2] The inside was of Burmantofts faience and glazed brick. The ground floor was one enormous open business hall.[3]

It was extended, with a striking 217-foot (66 m) tower, along Oxford Street by his son Paul Waterhouse in 1910–1912.[2] It was further extended along Whitworth Street by Stanley Birkett in 1932.[3]

After occupying the building as offices for nearly a century, the Refuge Assurance Company departed the building for a new purpose site in the grounds of Fulshaw Hall, Cheshire on Friday 6 November 1987. The Refuge Assurance company had discussed converting the building into a new home for the Hallé Orchestra with one of Manchester's cultural patrons Sir Bob Scott for over a year. The £3 million funding required for the project did not materialise and the Halle subsequently moved from the Free Trade Hall to the new Bridgewater Hall upon opening in 1996.[4]

Local architecture critic John Parkinson-Bailey noted that "one of the most prestiguous and expensive buildings in Manchester lay forlorn and empty except for a caretaker and the ghost on its staircase".[4] It was converted to a hotel by Richard Newman in 1996 at a cost of £7 million.

PICS:

DSC02149.ARW_zpsmlcbqetd.jpg

DSC02181.ARW_zps4imikfgs.jpg

DSC02180.ARW_zpskxiqqp9r.jpg

DSC02175_zpsq8516fxd.jpg

DSC_0155_zpsj0fep6uj.jpg

DSC02169-001_zpsg1xgj7wh.jpg

DSC02163-001_zpswe4liyop.jpg

DSC02162_zpsphgxyr0m.jpg

DSC02161_zpsz74h2neg.jpg

DSC02160.ARW_zps86lu3dra.jpg

Sorry for pic quality did best i can with the situation hope you understand.

Now if you have read this far your in for a treat. Here is the stranton vid enjoy..

Spin me round version;

RAW Version.

Thanks for looking enjoy all. Hope vid made you all chuckle. And makes up for pic quality. @stranton thanks for the fun m8ty was cracking. Also there is a funny people shot going up of stranton with his head in a tube lol. Laters all.

Last edited:

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
How the fuck Stranton managed to get into the Palace wearing that shirt is worth 10 UE points alone :p

Not a bad effort and the last time I looked in here, things certainly weren't the same, but hey, what goes around comes around with these places so stick at it :thumb

As for the video, not sure, either way sounds like Y'all had a blast so all good

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Thx to both @Paradox @Ojay. God was dreading reading reply lol Was hoping for good response. Yep we had a bloody good go was epic all round and yea we all had fun. The people shot i posted up is a funny one also lol.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah it was certainly an eventful and entertaining night/morning mate & i"m never going to that Take Away again :turd :turd:turd

Pics have come out better than mine did mate :thumb & i don"t think wanting to throw my guts up helped my piccy taking while on the top :( combined with restless legs, slippy trainers, rain and waking people up along the way 7 then daylight & the Hotel Manager & Co episode just killed it for me unfortunately.

And @stranton you"ve deffo used all your 9 lives up pulling that fucking stunt :wanker you"ll get no likes for doing stuff like that mate.

As for the Vid my Phone output seems far better than some recent so called Film makers have posted on here & about as much Urbex content ;)

Pity it was sealed after all the effort :(

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Lmfao @ACID- REFLUX yea he apologised shit loads so it's fine now. And yea was some crazy shit with manager etc. And stranton talking like he was after robbing place. But but can we go into your tunnels we like drains etc do you ever open up your tower so we can go up it. Sounded like they needed a room lol crazy guy. But was a funny night