real time web analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Port Talbot Steelworks - blast furnaces to close | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Port Talbot Steelworks - blast furnaces to close

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Its the end for sure, its been coming for years, no fighting it this time unfortunately.

It's not exactly 'closing' completely though, true the blast furnaces are shutting down and many people will be impacted but the wider works is still going to continue, just with a greener and more autonomous set of electric arc furnaces instead requiring a lesser workforce.

Also there is absolutely zero point in this being put in NP seeing as it's headline news across everywhere in the country at the moment, even the stupidest of social media clout chasing explorers isn't going to miss this news.

Terminal Decline

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Because it's all over BBC and Sky news ;)
So, there's a million other stories of random shit on there. Most of the time it's made out that the site is just transitioning from one type of furnace to another, rather than a near full scale closure. In all likelihood, anyone who hasn't seen this coming for the past six months is a waste of space on this forum and feeding the increasing proliferation of scum from your hands seems a little silly.

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
It's not exactly 'closing' completely though, true the blast furnaces are shutting down and many people will be impacted but the wider works is still going to continue, just with a greener and more autonomous set of electric arc furnaces instead requiring a lesser workforce.

Also there is absolutely zero point in this being put in NP seeing as it's headline news across everywhere in the country at the moment, even the stupidest of social media clout chasing explorers isn't going to miss this news.
I work right next to it, most people here don't believe the greener furnaces will ever happen. All a front just to completely close the site. How true that is we will find out.

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
Although it may be pretty hard to miss, what's the point of sticking stuff like this in public?
So, there's a million other stories of random shit on there. Most of the time it's made out that the site is just transitioning from one type of furnace to another, rather than a near full scale closure. In all likelihood, anyone who hasn't seen this coming for the past six months is a waste of space on this forum and feeding the increasing proliferation of scum from your hands seems a little silly.
well transfer to non public then?

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I work right next to it, most people here don't believe the greener furnaces will ever happen. All a front just to completely close the site. How true that is we will find out.

Yeah I guess time will tell, it does speak volumes that Tata completely dismissed the proposals by the union for a transition to the electric arc furnaces whilst keeping no.4 operational until 2032. I can't see the workers or union going down without a fight though.