real time web analytics
Report - - Rochford Police Station - Essex - Sept 2014 | Other Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Rochford Police Station - Essex - Sept 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Boomstick84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks mate, nice to hear someone else has taken a look, didn't think it would take too long :thumb

Cheers for the PM, sounds like your visit was a little more lively than mine :D

Yeah, fairly local mate ;)

The_Raw

Staff member
Absolutely love it, can't beat a police station and great pics all round. Last time I tried one I ended up being accosted by the bizzies and having to explain why i had a fancy dress policeman's hat in my bag, so not pro :D

Boomstick84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Absolutely love it, can't beat a police station and great pics all round. Last time I tried one I ended up being accosted by the bizzies and having to explain why i had a fancy dress policeman's hat in my bag, so not pro :D

Cheers TR:thumb

Hahaha, can imagine that's not the easiest one to explain away! :D

UrbanDuck

Authorised Trespasser
28DL Full Member

Lol, if you also had fluffy handcuffs it would have been self explanatory...

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Me and Oakley visited this spontaneously on the way back from a few sites and managed to get in the bits you didn't and not the bits you did... Anway, here's a few pics of the garage building etc.

The garage doors

15563542996_a762b89369_z.jpg

Inside and looking down the stairs to the second level

14967074353_5ac644d010_z.jpg

The office

15401120478_3a480207a9_z.jpg

Desk with things...

14967103103_85e64daff7_z.jpg

Weird as hand on the toilet, why?

14967108353_11ac880468_z.jpg

A few bits of documentation

15584601291_d2883e208f_z.jpg

15401130538_f07d4247c5_z.jpg

15563549516_2e50ea6b72_z.jpg

Where the plod would take a plop

14966491824_9c6e605eb1_z.jpg

Cheers.

Boomstick84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one for checking this out mate and cheers for posting the pics. :thumb Was bugging me as to what was in there! :D

Sounds like the main building has been boarded up tight now! :(

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah it's not bad, main building is impossible now haha. Nice bit of documentation in the second building though. Cheers for the heads up on it :)

Bradders2175

28DL Member
28DL Member
I'm not sure when the houses each side were incorporated into the main building, but they weren't just for an Inspector and Sergeant. My father in law lived there for some years and my wife was actually born there, so has Rochford Police Station as here place of birth on her birth certificate. My father in law was a Police Constable.
I was based at Southend, but often went over to Rochford and the surrounding area, even though it was in the neighbouring Division.
The building has now been sold for development. Hopefully it won't be demolished.

Boomstick84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm not sure when the houses each side were incorporated into the main building, but they weren't just for an Inspector and Sergeant. My father in law lived there for some years and my wife was actually born there, so has Rochford Police Station as here place of birth on her birth certificate. My father in law was a Police Constable.
I was based at Southend, but often went over to Rochford and the surrounding area, even though it was in the neighbouring Division.
The building has now been sold for development. Hopefully it won't be demolished.

Thanks for the correction on the history, always interesting to hear from folks who spent some time or had connections with places when they were active.

I hope they do retain the building as it's got alot of local history and certainly has character. I believe it was up for consideration for listed status at the time but not sure if anything was actually approved since.