real time web analytics
Sand point weston super mare | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Sand point weston super mare

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mark twiglet

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went over Sand point today near weston out towards Clevedon and came across this place all fenced off and guarded badly by mitie security..... Its on the road past springwood priory..... Near Lawrence St wick.....

Any ideas as to what it is or was or if there's anything underneath.....

This is the only sign I saw and can't make out what it says

IMG_20190422_151849.jpg

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
St Thomas's Head. It was an MOD base. The site was used during the war to develop and test bombs, and the surrounding area was also used for practices by the RAF. It was used up until about 2009 when it closed. I'm pretty sure all the buildings have gone now. I think there was an underground generator storage bit, but that's probably gone too.

Mark twiglet

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
St Thomas's Head. It was an MOD base. The site was used during the war to develop and test bombs, and the surrounding area was also used for practices by the RAF. It was used up until about 2009 when it closed. I'm pretty sure all the buildings have gone now. I think there was an underground generator storage bit, but that's probably gone too.
Yes all buildings have gone..... Any idea where the underground entrance was or is? There are still bits going into the Sea there....

Thanks for reply.... I did think it was military......

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Nope. There are some photos on someone's Flickr and a report on another site if you google it.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member

Fairly certain it still came up as a no fly zone on aviation maps too. Maybe that’s the base closer towards Clevedon that I’m thinking of tho

Who has read this thread (Total: 145) View details