real time web analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - "Sheffield in Ruins" - the Steel City in Decay" - picture book | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - "Sheffield in Ruins" - the Steel City in Decay" - picture book

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
A while back a publisher approached me wanting to do book on Sheffield dereliction. So after some thought, I agreed. At first I hesitated as I know it could be seen as selling out by some. And after some more consideration, have decided to post it up on here. It's now gone up on Kickstarter and we are about half way through. Pledges start at £22 for the book itself. It covers 20 of Sheffield past and present derelict locations and has a potted history of each one. More information on the link below if it is something you might be interested.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/revelations23press/sheffield-in-ruins

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Wasn't it lost faeces who was also trying to do a Sheffield book, because he's the king of Sheffield or something like that. No doubt your effort will trample all over that gimps idea.
Cheers mate. Yup, he did indeed get a book on Sheff out. He most likely got a hint I was doing a book by looking at my Flickr folders (should have hidden them), so he then rushed to get his out first.

Last edited:

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
For one it’s not selling out at all I’ve done two small zine runs with the modernist and very happy with my self. I’ll be looking to buy a copy to help support your photography. I’ve seen a few things from Sheffield recently published on insta. Well done too.