real time web analytics
Report - - St Mary Magdalene Church..Guyrhin, Cambridgeshire February 2018 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Mary Magdalene Church..Guyrhin, Cambridgeshire February 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Another from the archives. One I visited solo. I think someone had forgot to shut the door properly on this one, has I went back a few weeks later and it was shut completely. A nice relaxed explore of what was a very nice unvandalised church of some size.
St Mary Magdalene was built to replace the little chapel down the road. Built in 1878 it was constructed when Guyrhin was divided up from Wisbech St Mary. The church served the community until 1983 when it was closed and the former chapel of ease was restored and deemed more a suitable size for the hamlet. Ironically when Guyrhin was brought back into the parish of Wisbech St Mary. And is now under the churches conservation trust.
This church was put up for sale in 2018. Not sure if it sold or still laying derelict.

236372-image-zpsaxodkkdj.jpg

236373-image-zpsr9p4b58g.jpg

236374-image-zpspdehzrth.jpg

236375-image-zpsy2mgfenb.jpg

236376-image-zpsin1kxx1l.jpg

236378-image-zpsrrp2rri1.jpg

236379-image-zpsznowlbdq.jpg

236380-image-zps06konjds.jpg

236381-image-zpsuw0ty07g.jpg

236382-image-zpswtoym0vp.jpg

236383-image-zpsbghgbrqs.jpg

236384-image-zps56toujtu.jpg

236385-image-zpseew3etco.jpg

236386-image-zpswbi7dkcl.jpg

236388-image-zpswbf4ufko.jpg

236389-image-zpscbnbyavf.jpg

236390-image-zps7dbc38tx.jpg

236391-image-zps4mhinprg.jpg

236392-image-zpsfhok5cmz.jpg

236393-image-zpseyru1xu1.jpg

236394-image-zps0ryi7sar.jpg

236395-image-zpsojhmvdqb.jpg

236396-image-zpsptmlvrbw.jpg

236397-image-zpssi1a1nox.jpg

236398-image-zpst9vjdqj3.jpg

236399-image-zpsj8o8h3si.jpg

236400-image-zpsazilnd7d.jpg

236401-image-zpsnz3oarqw.jpg

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Lovely church, good to see its been kept a close eye on since 83! Just have to admire the architecture of these places. 👍

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Think I've realised lately that wider isn't always better, sometimes the focal lengths closer to actual vision look nicer if you can fit enough in
Yeah definatley. I think it's always been go wide in exploring, and understandable as it's architecture. But like you say the focal lengths can be fantastic. You just have to think more. I have always liked detail shots of things in a building as well.

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Yeah definatley. I think it's always been go wide in exploring, and understandable as it's architecture. But like you say the focal lengths can be fantastic. You just have to think more. I have always liked detail shots of things in a building as well.
Yeah for sure, often you do need a wide but the wider you go the easier it is to distort it. I need to try the detail shots more after seeing your and @dansgas1000 work

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Think I've realised lately that wider isn't always better, sometimes the focal lengths closer to actual vision look nicer if you can fit enough in

I do rate my tokina 11-20, it is about as wide as u can go with 0 distortion (I really dont like the fisheye look)
I do carry a cheap 18-200 which is handy if I want to zoom in on feature on top of a building etc

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I do rate my tokina 11-20, it is about as wide as u can go with 0 distortion (I really dont like the fisheye look)
I do carry a cheap 18-200 which is handy if I want to zoom in on feature on top of a building etc
Is that in his Sony. That would be just under 8mm on a crop sensor. I am looking at a 8mm prime lens for mine. I really don't like fish eye myself. It's ok in something like a cooling tower or anything circular. Haslar staircase being a good example.

Wastelandr

Regular User
Is that in his Sony. That would be just under 8mm on a crop sensor. I am looking at a 8mm prime lens for mine. I really don't like fish eye myself. It's ok in something like a cooling tower or anything circular. Haslar staircase being a good example.
Do like the sound of those ones with a big wide-tele zoom range. I did have an 8-16mm Sigma lens with no distortion, think it was the widest non-fisheye APS-C lens made, but it was so heavy and looks a bit too unrealistic. Still I think an 8mm prime would be handy to have in the bag for tunnels or other tight situations like staircases.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Do like the sound of those ones with a big wide-tele zoom range. I did have an 8-16mm Sigma lens with no distortion, think it was the widest non-fisheye APS-C lens made, but it was so heavy and looks a bit too unrealistic. Still I think an 8mm prime would be handy to have in the bag for tunnels or other tight situations like staircases.
Yeah the 8mm for the Fuji is new out. Thinking of trading my 10-24 in for it. I have a manual samyang 12mm and 65 macro lens as well which can be creative. Keep thinking about the 23mm f1.4 as well. But need to be good as just bought a new camera and 70-300 lens and Tele converter.

Wastelandr

Regular User
Yeah the 8mm for the Fuji is new out. Thinking of trading my 10-24 in for it. I have a manual samyang 12mm and 65 macro lens as well which can be creative. Keep thinking about the 23mm f1.4 as well. But need to be good as just bought a new camera and 70-300 lens and Tele converter.
Ah nice, is it a Fuji camera? Laowa make some good ultra wide primes that might be worth checking out.