real time web analytics
Report - - St Peter's Seminary in Scotland - October 2023 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Peter's Seminary in Scotland - October 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

T_Explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello, Everybody...

I hope you are all having a pleasant day.

I recently visited St Peter's Seminary in Cardross and did some research on the history of the location.

The building opened in 1966 and was known for its modernest/brutalist architectural design. During its years of activity, the institution trained many priests and was respected as a religious academy in and around the Glasgow area. But, due to the dwindling numbers of candidates for priesthood, the building closed in 1980, just 14 years after it was opened. It sits dormant and cannot be demolished due to it is an A listed category. Furthermore, it has been difficult to repurpose the structure due to its remote location.

That is the description I have on my YouTube channel. Furthermore, if anyone has any fact I could expand on or anything I have missed, please, feel free to comment below.

Here are my photographs...
20231014_105226.jpg

20231014_105953.jpg

20231014_110056.jpg

20231014_111720.jpg

Here is my YouTube video if interested...
Exploring an Abandoned Seminary in Cardross 4K

I like to make my videos as immersive as possible, so you have experience of being there yourself as the viewer... Nothing ostentatious.

Anyway, stay safe and happy exploring...

Thank you.

T