real time web analytics
Report - - Swanscombe Tram Tunnel (March 2024) | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Swanscombe Tram Tunnel (March 2024)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Explore With Alex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is one of many Tram Tunnels in the area (Visiting another later so will be another report) They were used by the cement company to move chalk on trains to the cement works were they would then use that chalk to make cement this Tunnel I believe has never had A report before and not that many people know about it as many people know about the Northfleet ones there is currently no graffiti in the tunnel (I hope it stays that way) Apparently soon there going to open the tunnels up as A nature walk but as its (Bellways) there probaly going to destroy them Not much to show but still an amazing tunnel Enjoy

IMG_2696.jpeg

IMG_2697.jpeg

IMG_2699.jpeg

IMG_2701.jpeg

IMG_2703.jpeg

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Played here as a kid. Forgotten all about these tunnels. I know most Greenhithe ones are now buried. Good to see πŸ‘

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Wow yes I live in swanscombe most greenhithe ones gone/buried except the Abbey as they are sealed shut as they go under the building
Yep I lived in Greenhithe for 15 yrs played in the Abbey ones too and explored the Abbey as a youngest before restoration. Then Swanscombe for years. Still have family up there. Have you seen the old machines from an old company, whos yard is along the Alkerden alley?

Exploring With Pride 🌈

Exploring with pride in more ways than one
28DL Full Member
Yes my favourite place it was sadly recently the place has been cleared out as they are gonna build houses on the land but did manage to get in the workshop there just got rubbish pictures

IMG_2425.jpeg
We did that a couple year's ago mates wer showing us the tunnel near it and I walked along the ally and saw that then we got in the yard but shortly after some of the vehicles were removed

Explore With Alex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We did that a couple year's ago mates wer showing us the tunnel near it and I walked along the ally and saw that then we got in the yard but shortly after some of the vehicles were removed
Yea they have been removing the stuff for ages as my mum knows the guys son who owns the place and he said about it being houses ages ago was A very cool place with all the diggers and the massive metal machinery in the building