real time web analytics
Report - - The Broadway Cinema, Knowle, Bristol - 2015/2019 | Theatres and Cinemas | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Broadway Cinema, Knowle, Bristol - 2015/2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Fluffy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Access to the building is easy enough; there's a whacking great hole in the side, but you have to scale a secure perimeter palisade fence first and we had a look the other day and decided against it.

Imba

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited here today and all I can really say is: wow, a lot more has been stripped out since your most recent trip! Unsure of what the plans are for the site now, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's fully demo'd/renovations start soon :confused:

Last edited:

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
We had a look at this about a month ago but due to bad timing (middle of the day) and there being a fuckton of people around it was a no go.

Imba

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We had a look at this about a month ago but due to bad timing (middle of the day) and there being a fuckton of people around it was a no go.

Yeah I picked my moment carefully! Was definitely worth it though. Maybe the high vis helped hah.

Imba

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Most probably because it’s in filwood smack bang in the middle of Knowle west, not an area many like to go lmao and I don’t blame them either

Definitely felt safer inside the cinema than I did on the very brisk 1 minute walk from my car! Heard plenty of unpleasant slang, 1 fight, and something getting smashed up whilst I was inside. Lovely part of Bris!

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Visited here today and all I can really say is: wow, a lot more has been stripped out since your most recent trip! Unsure of what the plans are for the site now, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's fully demo'd/renovations start soon :confused:

It's due for total demo, the last strip out was for asbestos. However it depends how lucrative a rebuild is on a site thats, well, in a total shithole.

Shame we didn't save the mercury arc rectifier.

Bristol-Wanderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sure is, I remember when filwood swimming pool was there not long after that closed they found some drug addict dead behind there from an overdose

Looks like it’s coming down soon

Imba

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sure is, I remember when filwood swimming pool was there not long after that closed they found some drug addict dead behind there from an overdose

Looks like it’s coming down soon

Just noticed that article is from April 2018 ;) however there were consultations with the community from the developers as recent as the beginning of this year, with a planning application due this summer. I'm yet to find any progress here though, but I've still got plenty of research I need to do

Seffy

Staff member
Yeah that’s an old article that. I believe it is still due to be demo’d though? @tumbles usually knows stuff like this :D

Who has read this thread (Total: 422) View details