real time web analytics
Report - - Various sites Update - Derby March 2020 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Various sites Update - Derby March 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

vw_golf_nutter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just thought i would give a little update on some of the better known sites in and around Derby, seen as there were a few places i visited I thought best to wrap it all in to one update... hope thats ok

First of all we visited the old Derby Royal Infirmary Site - i knew the demolition and site clearing had started but unfortunately it is well underway now and you cant get in any of the bits that are left to be renovated. They are working on Wilderslowe House now, several workmen there on a Sunday, they have also fenced off the 4 terrace houses just next to Wilderslowe, they have alarms on the perimeter fences which are very loud if you trigger them! Huge shame as I really wanted a nosey in those houses, they are all open but behind fencing and as its right by the main road there wasnt much hope of getting in unseen.
Walked around to the towers which are not accessible either as they are all fenced off and boarded. Sadly i was a bit too late to this site.

20200322_120717.jpg

DSC_0317.jpg

20200322_122653.jpg

wm_20200322_123442.jpg

So next we went across the road and found some awesome little terrace houses, all empty, a couple not boarded but no access to any of them....

wm_DSC_0323.jpg

Then on to La Gondala Restaurant and Hotel - was easy to get in the perimeter fence, just hopped over but all very well secured now, all boarded, lots of various cameras and sensors so no entry to this one at the moment either..

wm_DSC_0297.jpg

wm_20200322_113609.jpg

Next stop was the Hippodrome - there were a lot of people hanging around this place. homeless people in the doorway, various people walking past and looking at us loitering with a camera! lol
We managed to get over the fence quickly while no-one was watching and we were in. I LOVE this place. Its absolutely wrecked beyond help now, so much fire damage, but when you sit up the top in the balcony seating area its its a beautiful place. So sad its in such a state. It is fairly dangerous in here, we made it all the way up to the roof but not one to go to alone in case you have a fall.

wm_20200322_145119.jpg

wm_20200322_143108.jpg

wm_DSC_0340.jpg

wm_20200322_134833.jpg

wm_20200322_141655.jpg

wm_20200322_141744.jpg

wm_DSC_0365.jpg

wm_20200322_132909.jpg

Finally we stopped at Thurlston Fields Farm - There was a guy sitting in a truck as we arrived. He sat on the driveway for about 20 minutes so we decided to sneak in around the back. I am told he rents the land to shoot on and keeps an eye on the place. Aside from the guy in the truck we got in easy and have a good look around. Was interesting to find an old advert for the property back in 2011 when it went up for £3.8m!! Unbelievable the state its in now. Such a shame, it really is a beautiful farm house, decent size rooms and i love the brick stables out the back, i would love a place like this! It is apparently being demolished to build a secondary school which was decided in 2018 however work hasnt started yet.

wm_20200322_164047.jpg

wm_DSC_0390.jpg

wm_20200322_164544.jpg

wm_20200322_163155.jpg

wm_20200322_161813.jpg

wm_20200322_165811.jpg

wm_DSC_0386.jpg

Thanks for looking and i hope ive helped with the updates. I always research before i go somewhere to make sure i know what kind of state these places are in before i travel... with so many being demolished now you can find a place that looks good on here but turn up to a pile of rubble... so sad

Attachments

• wm_20200322_165142.jpg
    wm_20200322_165142.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 32

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yep, slim pickings at the moment in Derby. Good effort all the same!

I did a recent tour around some city centre derps and found the following:

Tanglewood Mill - sealed
GKR Warehouse - sealed
Kingsway Asylum derps - sealed except for the farmhouse

Five.Claws

General Nuisance
28DL Full Member
Some good stuff here despite the frustrations of so many being off limits. If you're ever as far east as Norwich or the surrounding area, give me a shout!

Five.Claws

General Nuisance
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the up-date. Been to a couple of those places. Slim pickings up here in Sheff too...

Can relate, scraping the barrel here too, barely even any decent derp pubs about. There is one real gem I explored recently, and I actually feel quite torn about posting it here as I'm worried about the wrong people getting wind of it. Would much rather just take people to see it, it's definitely a "group explore" kind of place.

CraigDryCider18

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Awesome exterior photos. I'm from Redditch just outside of Birmingham and it's quite bad here as well. There's a cold war bunker that has a grate sealed over it and a farm house not far from it that is half gone. It will probably be demolished soon. The Redditch Railway has been sealed before I could go back for better photos to :(

DAGMAR

28DL Member
28DL Member
Awesome exterior photos. I'm from Redditch just outside of Birmingham and it's quite bad here as well. There's a cold war bunker that has a grate sealed over it and a farm house not far from it that is half gone. It will probably be demolished soon. The Redditch Railway has been sealed before I could go back for better photos to :(
hey take a look at fb group ....redditch local history museum

Who has read this thread (Total: 287) View details