real time web analytics
Report - - Walditch Cave. November 2023 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Walditch Cave. November 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Westcountry Explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I haven't been able to find any info about the cave as of yet other than it's a karst cave. I did find a sketch of the cave on the Mendip Cave Registry & Archive website which I've included.

I had the use of my wife's car today so went out for an explore. The cave entrance was easy to find though a bit of a squeeze to get through.

I confess I went only about 12 feet in, if that, before I started to feel a tad claustrophobic so came straight back out. I'm still very new to cave exploring; as well as feeling a tad claustrophobic, I also felt I'm not experienced enough yet to explore it fully.

I did manage to get a few photos before I came back out. Maybe one day I'll go back there when I've got more experience under my belt & explore it with someone.

Screenshot_20231112_114131_Samsung Internet.jpg

20231113_101254.jpg

20231113_101936.jpg

20231113_101947.jpg

20231113_102222.jpg

20231113_102227.jpg

20231113_102319.jpg

20231113_102324.jpg

Westcountry Explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fair play for trying and admitting it . Join a caving club if it’s of interest mate

I have recently been getting into exploring underground stuff (Mines/tunnels etc.) and enjoying it. Would be good to join a caving club; I'd definitely benefit learning from experienced cavers 😊

wormster

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah a typical Mendip shithole!!

Go join The Bristol Exploration club, lovely bunch of rough diamonds and nutters, once described as "a drinking club with a caving habit!"

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Fair play. This looks like a hell of a lot of squeezes. I wouldn't even attempt caving without others who know the gig. Kudos to you.

Westcountry Explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah a typical Mendip shithole!!

Go join The Bristol Exploration club, lovely bunch of rough diamonds and nutters, once described as "a drinking club with a caving habit

I'd love to explore the cave system up Priddy way. Will get in touch with the Bristol Exploration Club πŸ‘

Fair play. This looks like a hell of a lot of squeezes. I wouldn't even attempt caving without others who know the gig. Kudos to you.

A lot of squeeze to say the least lol. I say kudos to those that have managed to get past it.

wormster

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
P.G.S. to Swildons and out is an undertaking in itself, you backed out of something fairly roomy for Mendip on your first trip. Get to know your way around Swildons upper series first.

If you haven't got all the kit necessary it can be hired from Andy and Rachel Sparrow in Cheddar.

Westcountry Explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
P.G.S. to Swildons and out is an undertaking in itself, you backed out of something fairly roomy for Mendip on your first trip. Get to know your way around Swildons upper series first.

If you haven't got all the kit necessary it can be hired from Andy and Rachel Sparrow in Cheddar.
Thank you for your advice about doing Swildond first. I'm not embarrassed to admit I'm not yet confident to tackle the Mendip caves; they're definitely something I want to work towards & explore when I am more confident/experienced 😊 I'll get to them one day