real time web analytics
Report - - Wells fireworks factory - Dartford - May 2021 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wells fireworks factory - Dartford - May 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Hidinginplanesite

Khurbanx
28DL Full Member
The explore :

Been meaning to go to wells factory for a while now but for some reason just didn’t, The drive up to it not that far from me so it okay for a semi-local mooch

Once we got up there we walk up the country lane as we heard about people being locked in at the gate ( To stop fly-tipping)

Before you ask where “well fireworks factory “ is - it a landmark on google now! I assume so many people have been there over the year

Once we outside the old fireworks factory, we walk right in with no issue at all first was greeted by a very run-down building, that pretty much fallen apart, as we keep walking around, Most of the huts was taken over by Mother Nature the brambles was so high

Some of the huts were doable but not all of them, there was a well-trodden down cut back parth going right down the middle, and some cut back path into the building but not all of them.

As the sun was setting the place started to get more spooky! Defo a place I won’t be going back in a hurry

history : https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/news/the-amazing-past-of-fireworks-firm-215592/

Kent lighterman Joseph Wells founded the explosives firm in 1837 and it operated from multiple premises before settling in Joyce Green Lane in 1938.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I thought I was the only one to do here lol. I did this 2019, so many huts left. The original sign is there, I only saw it recently as I checked out the old cottage at the beginning of the lane. This has to be one of the longest abandoned on here. Over 184 years yrs old. And abandoned for 50 yrs. I live just across from way from here. I havnt bothered reporting it, I might do now. It was iconic in the area.

RXQueen

T-Rex Urbex
28DL Full Member
Nice to see you got further than me it was so overgrown last year I struggled to get to a lot

Hidinginplanesite

Khurbanx
28DL Full Member
I thought I was the only one to do here lol. I did this 2019, so many huts left. The original sign is there, I only saw it recently as I checked out the old cottage at the beginning of the lane. This has to be one of the longest abandoned on here. Over 184 years yrs old. And abandoned for 50 yrs. I live just across from way from here. I havnt bothered reporting it, I might do now. It was iconic in the area.

mob my legs hurt after going to this , as I just said to person below , a lot footparth And few cut back bits to still can’t get in a lot them ! Also a friend of mine found a bunker and dug it out too ! Near the first building at the back just didn’t go in it lol

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
mob my legs hurt after going to this , as I just said to person below , a lot footparth And few cut back bits to still can’t get in a lot them ! Also a friend of mine found a bunker and dug it out too ! Near the first building at the back just didn’t go in it lol
Really, was the bunker in a good state, do you know? I managed to get round most of it. Photographed quite a few huts. Yep your right there is sort of a path. But the shooting range over the back unnerved me a little lol

Who has read this thread (Total: 317) View details