real time web analytics
Report - - Westcliff section, Ramsgate Dec 2022 and Jan 2023 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Westcliff section, Ramsgate Dec 2022 and Jan 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TimeBandit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi everyone,
First post so feel free to correct me if I mess up.

Westcliff section tunnels were used during both world wars as public air raid shelters. Whilst digging workers came across napoleonic tunnels which they mistook for smugglers tunnels.
Nowadays the tunnels are a mess of collapses and the smell of sewage in places but it's a great explore for beginners lol. Their are a couple of us that have recently gained entry and thanks to a friend of a friend we have total access 24/7 so there will be a better report coming with more pics.
Thanks for making it this far
Best wishes
Drunken Sailor Exploration

20230118_210446.jpg

20230118_211053.jpg

20221218_214514.jpg

20230118_211137.jpg

20230118_210528.jpg

20230118_205503.jpg

20221218_214511.jpg

20221218_214508.jpg

20230118_211315.jpg

20230118_211705.jpg

20221218_214458.jpg

Beachbum

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good to see some new photo's for this Section. I am to big to get through the hole in the Brickwork, so could not get into the Southern Water chamber.
Was the Westcliff Road section still flooded, or did you get through to the Hospital?

TimeBandit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good to see some new photo's for this Section. I am to big to get through the hole in the Brickwork, so could not get into the Southern Water chamber.
Was the Westcliff Road section still flooded, or did you get through to the Hospital?
Hospital bit is still flooded and has had a collapse but should get sum shots of it up soon.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice 1st report. Photos are fine. Could just just pop a mth & yr in title bar for forum cohesiveness & per forum guidelines. Many thanks and a big welcome :thumb

TimeBandit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice 1st report. Photos are fine. Could just just pop a mth & yr in title bar for forum cohesiveness & per forum guidelines. Many thanks and a big welcome :thumb
Thanks very much. One of the guys I explore with is trying to teach me how to get better pics on my phone.
Do you know if I can edit the thread to include the date? ( dont wanna get in trouble lol )

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Ah ive only just seen this, you have showed your access route rather clearly in with the other shots..tsk tsk..:)

TimeBandit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah ive only just seen this, you have showed your access route rather clearly in with the other shots..tsk tsk..:)
I've shown AN access point which is inaccessible atm if u mean the manhole but the hole in the wall is public knowledge I feel. Plus its currently locked up again.... At the moment lol

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
I've shown AN access point which is inaccessible atm if u mean the manhole but the hole in the wall is public knowledge I feel. Plus its currently locked up again.... At the moment lol
look at old reports mate, we dont show any of this, its a ww2 shelter , no one needs to see the other stuff, and the obvious ways in regardless of which is doable

Who has read this thread (Total: 144) View details