real time web analytics
Report - - Workshops For The Blind - Stoke-on-Trent - November 2019 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Workshops For The Blind - Stoke-on-Trent - November 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ZZZAP!

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
One from the archives which I forgot to post originally.

Opening in 1934 at a cost of £30,000 with an art deco design. Operated by the City Council, it produced a range of goods such as baskets, brushes, knitted goods, bedding as well as articles for the pottery trade, the workshops operated until 2013. Most of it was demolished and a housing estate now sits on the site but some of it has been retained and converted.

Explored back when this place was quite popular with explorers for a short while at the end of 2019. An enjoyable explore which was pretty much untouched with lots of great decay and plenty to see.

20191103_134649.jpg

DSC_0004 copy.jpg

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0011 copy.jpg

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0066 2.jpg

DSC_0062.JPG

Thanks for looking!

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Managed about ten minutes in here before the Hanley doggo unit showed up. Thorn in my side at the time.

Great effort!

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Yeah loved the look of this place. Lovely shots.

I’d totally forgotten about it till someone mentioned it at the meet. I never managed it though, crawlijg with police when we checked it out back in its tourbus days.

Is it still there? (I know i should search but pft i wanna be that guy)?

ZZZAP!

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Really liked this place, nicely covered!
Thank you, it was great. Your report inspired us to go, it was a place one of my exploring friends had spotted whilst in the area but with none of us being local to Stoke we didn't know what it was so we added the location on to a list for future research and forgot about it for ages. Until we saw your post and then we just had to take a look!

ZZZAP!

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Managed about ten minutes in here before the Hanley doggo unit showed up. Thorn in my side at the time.

Great effort!
It's crazy how some people had alarms go off and police/security turn up quickly, when we went nothing went off and we explored totally undisturbed, just good luck that day I guess. I know how annoying a thorn in the side can be, NRSI is that for me because I failed with that place.

ZZZAP!

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great shots, love the second one and the 4th to last overview shot especially.
Thank you, I was happy with my shots, I've always been a bit of a novice with photography and my camera, this was about my 5th explore so I'd slowly got the hang of it.

Last edited:

ZZZAP!

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah loved the look of this place. Lovely shots.

I’d totally forgotten about it till someone mentioned it at the meet. I never managed it though, crawlijg with police when we checked it out back in its tourbus days.

Is it still there? (I know i should search but pft i wanna be that guy)?
I'm afraid not no, a housing estate now sits on the grounds. The main centre building remains but it's been converted.