real time web analytics
Information - - 18650 - Know what you're buying | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - 18650 - Know what you're buying

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
got the ones that came with my xml 1600 t6 and ive never had any problem with them 3000mAh said they where protected and work fine!

Marsden1002

Love it!
28DL Full Member
Let me clear something up on the matter.

Is the problem running an unprotected charger rather than unprotected batteries?

Just had a quick look and most people recommend unprotected batteries for torches as they will dim?

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Let me clear something up on the matter.

Is the problem running an unprotected charger rather than unprotected batteries?

Just had a quick look and most people recommend unprotected batteries for torches as they will dim?

Both really, the unprotected ones seem to be prefered by experienced lumin fanatics because they can drain every last bit out of them or so I have read but draining and charging them properly is an artform, just a side note, a lot of the ones supplied with the torches from China are not even protected even though they say that they are on ebay. often times they are shorter in length and the missing bit is the protective circuitry.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
There's a number of problems here:

• Buying untested torches and chargers from unknown suppliers.
  • Using batteries that aren't even in stock in the high street.
  • And finally, if you're buying these, you're taking a gamble full stop.

I don't see the point to save a few quid.

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details