real time web analytics
Report - - 36 Double D, Stocksbridge - May 2011 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - 36 Double D, Stocksbridge - May 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
Originally reported by Bnugle & Mendo back in 2010, and revisted recently by WB, Muttley, Ojay & newbie Ludo Finster :)

This is a massive culvert that takes the overflow from underbank reservior underneath the steelworks at Stocksbridge near Sheffield, hense the name 36DD - Sam Fox... ;)

We approached from the outfall end, access being the same as most culverts - just wander in, however the water here was scarily deep and we had to mooch along the riverbank until we found a shallow bit. :)

There really is so much to see in here that i'm going to load this report with plenty of pics, construction changes along the way from concrete lined arch to brick arch, stone arch and finally box culvert.

It was a hell of a workout too, my ankles are aching as I type this, but I reckon the photos are more than worth it...

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3070.jpg

IMG_3073.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3081.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_3074.jpg

The infall is full of loads of storm debris which we didn't try to negotiate!

IMG_3076.jpg

the Endz

Well worth a mooch this was, been wanting to do it since I saw mendo's pics over a year ago, and surprised nobody else has revisited it as its a truly excellent culvert!

Thanks for looking :thumb

WB