real time web analytics
Information - - Abandoned Factory in Grantham! | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Abandoned Factory in Grantham!

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Leo18

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There is a Abandoned Factory in Grantham right next to the hospital, it's really tall so you should be able to able to see it, Also if you go to the top floor you can get onto the roof.

DANGER: THERE IS ASBESTOS SO WEAR A DUST MASK OR SOMETHING THAT WILL PREVENT ASBESTOS GETTING INTO YOUR SYSTEM.

Screenshot_2018-10-22-09-05-47-1.png

Screenshot_2018-10-22-09-06-37-1.png

Polominto73

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Need more than a mask matey .gloves respirator disposable overall boots .bugger that if it asbestos best leave well alone

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
If you're scared of asbestos you won't do much exploring.

If it's in situ and undisturbed ie all the panels are intact it's perfectly safe. If it's been ripped apart and is free floating in the environment then you need to be careful.

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

If it's in situ and undisturbed ie all the panels are intact it's perfectly safe. If it's been ripped apart and is free floating in the environment then you need to be careful.

Quite right its only a hazard if its disturbed or modified in any way. Common sense is the order of the day i suppose.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Quite right its only a hazard if its disturbed or modified in any way. Common sense is the order of the day i suppose.

Yep.

Asbestos can indeed be dangerous with prolonged exposure, but there are so many external factors that can affect that within the context of an abandoned building.

Everyone focuses on being scared of asbestos but it's bird guano and black mould that can seriously screw you up very quickly if not careful.

Leo18

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Need more than a mask matey .gloves respirator disposable overall boots .bugger that if it asbestos best leave well alone
Yes I forgot to add that me and my friends wore gloves with hoodys and basically clothing that will prevent it from going onto out skin mainly we used clothes that we never wore, we also tucked our hoodys into our gloves and trousers into ours shoes just everything to keep us safe really. But thanks for the info :)

Leo18

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Okay, thank you

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
Yes I forgot to add that me and my friends wore gloves with hoodys and basically clothing that will prevent it from going onto out skin mainly we used clothes that we never wore, we also tucked our hoodys into our gloves and trousers into ours shoes just everything to keep us safe really. But thanks for the info :)
Haha, that sounds like it will stop that nasty asbestos being absorbed into your body through your skin.

Stevefromleicester

28DL Member
28DL Member

There is a Abandoned Factory in Grantham right next to the hospital, it's really tall so you should be able to able to see it, Also if you go to the top floor you can get onto the roof.

DANGER: THERE IS ASBESTOS SO WEAR A DUST MASK OR SOMETHING THAT WILL PREVENT ASBESTOS GETTING INTO YOUR SYSTEM.

Screenshot_2018-10-22-09-05-47-1.png

Screenshot_2018-10-22-09-06-37-1.png
do t encourage access if you know there's asbestos in there as a cheap mask wont protect you, and without sampling to confirm its safe you will carry microscopic fibres home with you on clothes. Not a good idea.

Leo18

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
do t encourage access if you know there's asbestos in there as a cheap mask wont protect you, and without sampling to confirm its safe you will carry microscopic fibres home with you on clothes. Not a good idea.
Okay, thank you for the information

surrey urbanex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yep.

Asbestos can indeed be dangerous with prolonged exposure, but there are so many external factors that can affect that within the context of an abandoned building.

Everyone focuses on being scared of asbestos but it's bird guano and black mould that can seriously screw you up very quickly if not careful.
It was bird crap that gave a friend of mine meningittus wich killed him he was cleaning bird crap out of his loft one time exposure and it done him propper. You tend to know asbestos it just says im bad go away

Korbanter

Banned
Banned
It's terrible inside if I'm honest.
I've been inside its way too difficult to shoot.

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 206) View details