real time web analytics
Report - - Abandoned hospital in Ogurasawa village(Abandoned village near Nicchitsu mine),Japan | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned hospital in Ogurasawa village(Abandoned village near Nicchitsu mine),Japan

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

saku

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello from Japan

I'm not sure if anyone is interested in Japanese abandoned sites but I've visited great places here so let me introduce them.

Nicchitsu mine is famous destination for Kanto area (where there is Tokyo) urban explorers.It is located in Ogurasawa village which is abandoned far away from a provincial town in Saitama. At the time Nicchitsu mining company was in its heyday, people in Ogurasawa village could lead their lives within there cos it had everything such as a store, school, hospital and even cinema.(I could find only films but local man told me that) But after it had to close some of mines, people just escaped from there and only the buildings left alone. Since there are lots of stuff left like jars in hospital and textbook or other stuff in school, it seems that they couldn't afford even to take their stuff.

I'm sorry I don't know well about its history...Actually, Nicchitsu company is still working and workers don't live in the village now but commute from the closest town(which is also in province though).When I was trying to find the site around 7 am, workers' cars were passing me and they gave me strange look cos there is nothing except trees and roads...Even one of workers asked me why I was in such a deserted place. He looked a bit surprised to know the village is famous for some group of people.

Anyway, here are photos of hospital I found in the town.

DSC_0186-1.jpg

DSC_0190-1.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

The picture above,
I've seen stunning pictures of this operation table with a huge light and I was excited to take photos of it but I couldn't find it.Later, I found out that it was removed a few years ago.I don't know who took it and why...Shame...

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

Does anyone know what they were used for? No idea...

DSC_0264.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0292.jpg

DSC_0291.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0232.jpg

More photos Abandoned hospital in Ogurasawa village

And I'm gonna upload photos of school in the village and other stuff soon. Please check them later if you are interested.