real time web analytics
Aditnow temporarily suspended | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Aditnow temporarily suspended

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

katana

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The aditnow website is unfortunately closed down to read only, and will in all probability take a long time to come back, but in a much better way. UK Caving have kindly offered a temporary mining forum facility via a dedicated board.

This is from the aditnow front page:

Service update
I couldn't bring myself to close the site completely. Too many people have put too much time into it. So I've stripped it back to a working read-only archive, and can now set about re-writing it all to a modern standard.
It's going to be a long job, so please bear with me; and certain areas I'm not yet sure how to address, whether to write them from scratch or use an off the shelf solution. But the end result will be a modern, slimmed down site, that works on mobile devices.
I'll post updates on here as the work progresses.
sl - 28/01/2021

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Shame that as it's a fab resource. Great that the archive will remain. Hopefully it will be back in some shape or form in the future...

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Looks like quite a massive job. Pete C effectively gave up on county asylums because it had reached the point where the code was all home brew and basically needed replacement. It took 4 of us 3 years to put it back online using wordpress back end. Addit now is probably 100x more complex with the data it holds. I really hope it makes a return somehow.

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Dear Mine Explorers

We are thrilled to announce the launch of a new platform for mine exploration aficionados – https://buddlepit.co.uk

What is the Buddle Pit?

We are looking to bring together individuals passionate about mine exploration, mine history, geology, and all things related to Mining. Whether you're an experienced explorer, a mining engineer, a rock hound, or a curious adventurer, The Buddle Pit is the perfect place for you to connect, learn, and share your tales and knowledge.

In addition to the forum, we are hard at work developing other services - mine database, mine mapping, document hosting etc. These will gradually become available under the Mine-Explorer name which has been kindly made available to us for this project. Any offers of help in this activity will be gratefully received.

Head on over to BuddlePit.co.uk and sign up for full access to the sub-forums. Post your photos and reports in the relevant categories and help flesh out this new site with your submissions.

If you are unable to see your registration email, please check the spam folder before reaching out to the team. Alternatively, you can use any authenticator for this purpose e.g. Authy, 2FAS.

I do not wish 28dl to loose any reports or users . We wish to exist the same as aditnow use to beside 28dl report and documentation wise .

Who has read this thread (Total: 172) View details