real time web analytics
Report - - Adult Wards, Rocklands Psychiatric Hospital, New York - March 2015 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Adult Wards, Rocklands Psychiatric Hospital, New York - March 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
Sorry, a bit late in getting around to these.
Huge mental hospital in the wilds of new york state.
Part live, mostly derelict.
Huge site in which a) I saw only a small segment b) got completely lost several times.
Found the utility area between 4 wings of wards that contained the pen construction area. Also lots of copies of the BFG (required inmate reading or another quality product?)
Not very happy with shots - no tripod - generally a bad idea in the USofA it seems.
Despite many hours there, we barely scratched the surface. I think we probably just looked at 20% of the ward space and didn't touch all the servicy bits such as hall/power plant etc.
It has the usual dodgy documented history-
http://www.nytimes.com/1988/07/17/nyregion/rockland-psychiatric-center-faulted-in-a-death.html

Beware-loads of pictures!

DSC_0695.jpg

DSC_0698.jpg

DSC_0617.jpg

DSC_0626.jpg

DSC_0656.jpg

DSC_0596.jpg

DSC_0599.jpg

DSC_0611.jpg

DSC_0671.jpg

DSC_0662.jpg

DSC_0650.jpg

DSC_0614.jpg

DSC_0689.jpg

DSC_0707.jpg

DSC_0722_1.jpg

DSC_0788%202.jpg

DSC_0740.jpg

DSC_0764.jpg

DSC_0782.jpg

DSC_0479.jpg

DSC_0497.jpg

DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg

I like the look of saturday and sunday mornings-sleep late
'Reality orientation'&'Fun and Friendship'&'Consumerism'? Not for me really

DSC_0551.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0587.jpg

Pens and more pens

Last edited:

Cuuvin

28DL Colonial Member
28DL Full Member
:thumb Proper Decay from my side o' the puddle! :D

Sorry, a bit late in getting around to these.
Huge mental hospital in the wilds of new york state.

...Not very happy with shots - no tripod - generally a bad idea in the USofA it seems. ...

You ain't sh*tting , missy ;)
you got civil & criminal trespass in the UK , we got 2 types over here too;

trespass - wind up with a criminal record and at least a day/night in the Gray Bar Hotel & ...
target practice - with you being the target! :eek:

That tripod could turn into a fully automatic assault rifle ... at least that's what the police report will say ..:(
could put a bit of a crimp in an 'plore

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
yes.
When doing the pilgrim site (http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/pilgri...-tower-long-island-new-york-april-2015.t95595), I met some other people and they were very quick to remind me of the risks, but also carried knives, and torches that they said were chosen due to their weight and size for hitting people with. It made me feel quite anxious, walking with them for a bit. I suddenly felt old, middle aged, middle class and like a fish out of water

Reactions: jST

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Looks like an interesting place with a good few bits and bobs to see. Nice report :thumb