real time web analytics
Report - - Air Products Acrefair , Wrexham December 2009 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Air Products Acrefair , Wrexham December 2009

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TheFlu24

The laziest hobo
28DL Full Member
The Acrefair Air Products plant closed its door on the 18th December 2009 unfortunately taking 140 skilled labour jobs with it .
The plant opened in 1950 providing atmospheric gases , electronic and performance materials and healthcare equiptment but with profits dropping the decision was made to shut down the Acrefair plant .

The site itself was a completely surreal experience , all the electricity was on , the lights , the ventilation but not a single soul . I constantly expected a huge group of workers to come out of a lunch room somewhere and resume work :D

(apologies in advance for the photos . I went more for documentation than photography )

View across the Delivery Yard
100_1494.jpg

The Main Production room
100_1501.jpg

I absolutely promise you I didn't have a go on this :rolleyes:
100_1508.jpg

Nothing has been moved at all
100_1513.jpg

Looking back across the assembly line from one of the service ladders
100_1519.jpg

Clock-In machine still fully functioning
100_1528.jpg

One of the Large Metal presses with safety mask
100_1530.jpg

Workers Locker Room
100_1537.jpg

One of the many ladders leading up to the ceiling cranes
100_1550.jpg

A large X-ray room which is heavily locked down
100_1545.jpg

As a Bonus here a couple of things that made this Solo explore all the more interesting

A fully functioning vending machine
100_1522.jpg

and Darryl's Work station locker
100_1531.jpg

I would like to thank Leaf1471 for the intel and hopefully you enjoyed this report as much as I enjoyed making it and please go easy as this is my first :thumb

TheFlu24

The laziest hobo
28DL Full Member
Went back this morning and got a couple more shots . Theres some fresh tracks lying about but no sign of anyone at all though.

Across the Shop Floor
100_1564.jpg

Some bits and bobs
100_1561.jpg

On the Ceiling Crane
100_1567.jpg

SammyH

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thanks for these! I did an apprenticeship there, was there from '88 until '95. It's surreal seeing it empty. (It's all gone, and houses, now) thanks to you, I've been able to show my kids where I started my working life, so thanks again.

Oh, and everyone used to call the electric truck you 'didn't' have a go on 'the bat mobile'