real time web analytics
Report - - Albright & wilson Detergents Ltd, Whiteaven, Cumbria. 12/5/07 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Albright & wilson Detergents Ltd, Whiteaven, Cumbria. 12/5/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Dempsey

The Human Turbine.
28DL Full Member
A brilliant explore.

Originally i found out about this explore from a Newish member on 28dl, However this person did not want me to Report or discuss this site, well sorry dude, but this place is getting Demo'd very soon, and i dont see the point in keeping it to my self, so i invited sean4656 along with me.

Basically if you like this, Go get it Now!...Demolition machines and workers are on site.

History: In 1941, Fred Marzillier and Frank Schon moved their Marchon Chemical company to Whitehaven to avoid German bombing. Marchon started producing some of the first detergents in the world. The new detergents were a big success as soap was in short supply due to the war. The company continued producing their own detergents as well as bulk detergent ingredients for other companies after the war. It was taken over by Albright and Wilson, often referred to as 'all bright and shiny', in 1955. The Marchon works became the town's largest employer when the mines closed down. However, it too was closed in 2005.

This place has several points of focus, The science labs (where we started) with many old skool tables and equipment...ahh brings memories of school right back :rolleyes:

There is a large factory floor/warehouse for export with loading bays.
The canteen which had us in so much exitment; its quite big.
From the canteen there is many offices at the rear of the warehouse, these were pretty nifty, exept being extremely humid and a breading ground for Phosphorus enhanced spiders. In the same block there is the medical centre complete with beds, and evil footprints leading from one room.

There is another block of admin offices which looked even better (we didnt have time to complete)

We soon moved onto the focus which is the actual plant, very industrial, Top playground for UE. Sean actually got lost on his way up, too many pipes ladders and stairs lol

History here.... Albright and Wilson - Wikipedia

Flashearth here.... NOTE: half of the site is demolished Zoom Earth | LIVE weather map, storm tracker, rain radar

Hope you enjoy :thumb

Loading bay one
whiteaven016.jpg

In comparison to the other offices this is very bad for wear and tare, but its the moss that made me shoot it.
whiteaven028.jpg

Medical centre
whiteaven032.jpg

The canteen
whiteaven045.jpg

Me - Ground floor of the cylinder tower
whiteaven063.gif

Conveyor to the second half.
whiteaven068.jpg

Top floor of the tower
whiteaven088.jpg

whiteaven092.jpg

Last edited:
S

sean4656

After shortly entering we soon found out that this place was to do with testing and detergents . I also have a map which we used , After looking on google i also found out the sheer size of the place , as it is also a metal finishing factory. definteantly worth a visit / re-visit as i want to see the lagoon and workshops along with other labs ..

Sorry this is my first proper explore with my first ever camera and sorry for the blur on some as i have no tripod!

Anyway Here is a copy ( sorry had to take with cam no scanner. )
DSCF5113.jpg

Flashearth (outlined .. yes paint job the part we explored )

AlandWMArked.jpg

Science block

DSCF5001.jpg

DSCF5005.jpg

DSCF5012.jpg

Proceeding to the visitors centre and officers ( very hot and humid there )

Entrance

DSCF5018.jpg

Nice server :)

DSCF5023.jpg

Wheres my Coffee!

DSCF5024.jpg

Depot

DSCF5025.jpg

Waiting room / Guest room

DSCF5030.jpg

DSCF5032.jpg

This room Was shocking as we walked to see foot prints and the curtains closed! (also anyone know what a rank / door name 'sister'is because it was right next door just found it intresting )

DSCF5040.jpg

This was where we got the willies and went a bit haywire .. pitty i didnt have a tripod for dark shots . the canteen

DSCF5046.jpg

DSCF5048.jpg

DSCF5056.jpg

One of my favourite shots.

DSCF5060.jpg

Perring through the window we could'nt resist going to this place either .

DSCF5066.jpg

Dempsey does what he does best.. with his poses!

DSCF5068.jpg

DSCF5078.jpg

DSCF5079.jpg

DSCF5080.jpg

HAS to be THE Picture of My day.

DSCF5112.jpg

M

Muse

The Site was revisited by Myself, Dempsey & Sean4656 on 19th May
(Please excuse quality - Mobile phone)

Entire Site: Partially Demolished..
DSC09156.jpg

DSC09100.jpg

DSC09150.jpg

DSC09148.jpg

DSC09140.jpg

DSC09138.jpg

DSC09129.jpg

DSC09119.jpg

DSC09101.jpg

DSC09097.jpg

DSC09052.jpg

DSC09047.jpg

DSC09033.jpg

Dempsey

The Human Turbine.
28DL Full Member
Well after adiscussion with muse and sean, i think it was obvious i didnt need persuasion for them to see this place.

It is good to note that already in one week, a section of the twer has gone and nearly the whole of a large warehouse. :(

Science labs. I love how the fill in flash has still left the natural light in here.
AW2002.gif

A big of fun
View attachment 35204

I like it Muse
View attachment 35207

View attachment 35208

The mad PC room filled with tonnes of retro gear.
View attachment 35211

The lovely canteen
View attachment 35212

View attachment 35215

My favourite
View attachment 35218

one of those 'cool' shots lol
View attachment 35219

View attachment 35222

Contrast
View attachment 35225

Part of the newly demolished warehouse.
View attachment 35228

S

sean4656

Get here quick is all i have to say they have stared ripping the tower and wharehouse down , which is intresting because if we found about this place 6 month early it will of been awsome considering within a week they have stripped the biggest wharehouse.

any a re visit , but i used my camera in the manual mode so sorry if some pictures are Fuxxed and i dont have atripod ( need to invest :)

And sorry they are late i have had exams..

DSCF5143.jpg

DSCF5146.jpg

DSCF5148.jpg

DSCF5169.jpg

Think barry scott and his cillit bang need a job here ..

DSCF5166.jpg

DSCF5180.jpg

DSCF5192.jpg

DSCF5194.jpg

DSCF5206.jpg

DSCF5195.jpg

DSCF5235.jpg

DSCF5249.jpg

DSCF5253.jpg

DSCF5213.jpg