real time web analytics
Report - - Aldwych Station Booking Office - LON - July 2010 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Aldwych Station Booking Office - LON - July 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
I kinda was in two minds about posting this up as it's not really urban exploration in the strict sense of the word but in the end I thought it was interesting enough to get a report up (and hope the mods think likewise!).

Basically, LT have opened up the disused Aldwych (Strand) booking office to use as a sort of exhibition space to explain all the forthcoming developments about to happen on the old Tuborama, and, well, to their credit, they could of used any old boring office space instead so more power to them for choosing this site! Kinda reminded me of the Chord exhibition in the Kingsway tram tunnels (see if you can spot Aldwych on the tube map!).

Anwayz, not being one to miss an opportunity, I thought best get down there to get a few pics in 'cos it's pretty unlikely access is ever gonna be this easy ever again. Strongly recommend anyone else in Londinium gets a lookse 'cos I heard it's only going for a couple of weeks!

Histories is hea

IMGP3460-1.jpg

Uh oh - Identity crises...
IMGP3462-1.jpg

What's behind those red doors...
IMGP3448green.jpg

Nice lift...
IMGP3417-2-1.jpg

Nicer detail...
IMGP3416-1.jpg

Good job this lift is held up by girders...
IMGP3414-1.jpg

Looking for a barrister? Head that-a-way...
IMGP3409-1.jpg

Need a wee?
IMGP3440.jpg

Turn 'o the century toiletzz...
IMGP3449-1.jpg

Tickets plz...
IMGP3421.jpg

...and try to avoid getting stuck...
IMGP3433.jpg

In the telephone booth...
IMGP3439-1.jpg

Last edited: