real time web analytics
Report - - Alva Academy - July 2010 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Alva Academy - July 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

kingnothing41

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Bonjour!
Second report time.
This report means a lot to me because it was my school, I left in 2005.
It has been derelict since 2009 because a new school was built, as is the same all over the area.
The school was part consisted of three main buildings, one had a large gymnasium, swimming pool and sixth year common room, but since the school has moved is no longer in any real use, however being a swimming poolr as well it is still used by the school and the public.
The second building was newer and contained, sciences, R.E, Geography, modern studies. english and the technical departments. This building has sadly been demolished.
The third building is the subject of this report, so some history.
Alva Academy was orinally built on the site in the 1860s having bits added on as is usually the case up until 1969 when this building was built, with further redevelopment in 1980.
The newer building was completed in 1990, which is a shame becasue it hasn't been around that long.

During the explore we had hope to get access along to the home ecenomics dept. and canteen but this wasn't possible as the section had been bricked off, apparently builders found bats.

Onwards! Time for the piccys.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Staff Room
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

One of the art rooms with kiln(is that the word?) type things at the back
8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

Looking down to the area outside the main hall
13.jpg

I've seen, dusty pianos, broken pianos but never a painted one
14.jpg

Area under the stage for storing the exam desks
15.jpg

Stopped for a fart about
16.jpg

The main foyer, used as a bit of a dumping ground
17.jpg

Megabites! This was a snack bar. Theres also equipment here from the small gym, well not really a gym, more of a work out room, had rowing machines, running machines, weights etc. But the room was in the other demolished building so why some of it was moved over to this building i don't know.
18.jpg

19.jpg

Visitors Reception.
21.jpg

Where the other newer building used to stand
20.jpg

22.jpg

Anyways, thats it. There are a lot more photos on the photobucket so please have a nosey.
Im so glad I had the chance to see the place before it got knocked down. Also very chuffed at the fact that i got to see a place that I knew very well before it became derelict.

This report was a long time coming, took some persistance and derermination, so i thought this was quite fitting, for this report and for urbex in general.
7.jpg