real time web analytics
Report - - Ancient Opera House. | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ancient Opera House.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jtcolfax

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
They have been jacking around with "doing something" with this old Opera House for decades. It was built in about 1890. Long forgotten stars performed there. Most of thier names are no longer recognizable expect maybe Douglas Fairbanks, not that I would recognize him if he came to life and slid out from under the seats.

Some recognizable names did BLOW ON here in speeches...namely Vice President candidate Theodore Roosevelt, who would soon become president thanks to a loon's bullet. And Sec. of War TAFT, who would soon become President at Roosevelt's whim.

but lets look at some decrepitness, shall we.

dscn0301ext.jpg

2) balcony
dscn0286balconydoor.jpg

3) nevermind that rubble in the back: enjoy the show:
dscn0285balcCollapse.jpg

4) under the stage...door goes to completely under the house:
dscn0276belowstage.jpg

5)ancient generator behind stage:
dscn0261generator.jpg

6) you can see, I think, some WORK of new wood,..but the work goes on in fits and starts for YEARS. The pidgeons OWN this place, and you come out SOAKED in thier squak...but it's worth it.
dscn0245balcony.jpg

7) stage: a full 4 inches of bird crap mucked in front of it via slanting floor:
dscn0233stage.jpg

8)more about those ceilings: or lack thereof:
dscn0218ceiling.jpg

9) this is from NEARLY Getting in....when I got head thru...and saw this...I almost had some Visceral reaction. I was still DENIED entry:
but not for long:
dscn0209stageview.jpg

10)
backstage alley:

dscn0706operahouse.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details