real time web analytics
Anyone in Portsmouth? | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Anyone in Portsmouth?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rainey

Hilariously under-equipped since 1999.
28DL Full Member
Hey, I'm just wondering if there are any people in Portsmouth who are up for a little explore soon. I know some places that everyone knows, like the underground fuel depots and stuff at Portsdown. I've never been there, but I'd like to have a look. Plus, I think I've spotted something of interest at Hilsea Lines, but I'd rather not go it alone. Another target is some air raid shelters in Paulsgrove, I don't know if they can be entered but I'm probably going to look for some bolt cutters to get in, I think fences are around them.

Cheers.

Rainey

28DL Full Member
I'd keep the bolt croppers bit to yourself mate, friendly advise.

At this rate, seems like I don't need them. Been around most of these areas today and it seems the fences have already been cut.

George Baker

28DL Member
28DL Member
I have been to the Fuel bunkers quite a bit recently. They are split into two halves. Unfortunately the more interesting half is welded shut with sheet metal, short of an plasma cutter or an abseil down an air vent entry would not be possible.
The other bunker around 100 yards East from the one you are thinking of does have free access, but not really too much to see, I would be happy to send you some images, or you could keep the surprise?

Rainey

28DL Full Member
I have been to the Fuel bunkers quite a bit recently. They are split into two halves. Unfortunately the more interesting half is welded shut with sheet metal, short of an plasma cutter or an abseil down an air vent entry would not be possible.
The other bunker around 100 yards East from the one you are thinking of does have free access, but not really too much to see, I would be happy to send you some images, or you could keep the surprise?
Whatever works. PM me a few. I'd rather see what I'm looking at here.