real time web analytics
Report - - Ashley rd deep shelter - Epsom - Sept 17 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ashley rd deep shelter - Epsom - Sept 17

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

pigeonboy

Be gentle
28DL Full Member

Ashley road deep shelter

Visited with @Gromr123

History
the land was requisitioned by Surrey County Council on 8 February 1941 for the purpose of building a shelter costing £26,658 (about £1.3 million in today's money)
It was completed in january of 1942. However there is no way that such a large site was constructed in such a small time and with said costs from scratch, there is alot of evidence suggesting that somehing already existed here, supposedly a masoleum, or a necropolis. The fact that surrey council claim to have built this from scratch when they clearly havent only furthers the point. It was also described as a 'white elephant' by WW2 survivors, meaning that its completion was after the main bombing stage by the germans, essentially becoming a useless bunker.
It was rented out by an airsoft company around 2007 for their 'war-games' , the site remains littered in little white pellets, quite a nuisance really
AshleyRoadShelterPlan1.jpg

Photographs
My first ever underground explore! It certainly lived up to its expectations, i did my best for the photographs despite not being equipped with a tripod and such, thank you @Gromr123 for lending me his torch

24Yo9Cp.jpg

JMJJGFk.jpg

Blast wall
Wpg9opz.jpg

TPkiCoq.jpg

WCcff7S.jpg

uryUhKl.jpg

Canteen area
VBKEJKe.jpg

Wq26FOa.jpg

XtcvQTo.jpg

CcSjYme.jpg

I3oFXqM.jpg

1 of the 2 concealed walls
VGJaCY7.jpg

Toilets
tA2HBkl.jpg

infp8Gp.jpg

C6YBt9m.jpg

AhojZ9K.jpg

88IoMl4.jpg

f3iZzOZ.jpg

YKuEPm9.jpg

8fpcxq3.jpg

5SWZfDX.jpg

3KTl1el.jpg

Thanks for reading!

https://imgur.com/a/nxKaf
https://imgur.com/a/kEsVc

Last edited:

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Good enough report there mate,maybe not put the exact date visited in the write up which shows the entrance which obviously has at some point been "opened" dont want you getting accused of opening it up ,so maybe keep the entrance shots off in future

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Looks good :thumb Considering you didn't use a tripod, your snaps aren't too bad.

UrbanZ

ERROR 401
28DL Full Member
Your first deep shelter done ay mate, it was this one that gave me the bug for them.

Nice report and some good snaps :thumb

Kidney

Weirdy Beardy
28DL Full Member
Was last open for a bit in February I think then got sealed again. Didn't take people too long. I'm surprised they managed to seal the door last time. It was buggered.

Who has read this thread (Total: 7) View details