real time web analytics
Report - - Atherton ROC Post, Greater Manchester - March 2016 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Atherton ROC Post, Greater Manchester - March 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

moako

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The site is located off a rural footpath. The surrounding grass has been trimmed since my visit last year, making the the surface structures more easily noticeable.

1aaac4.jpg

The hatch is locked and can be opened with a Torlift key.

4312c7.jpg

77551b.jpg

The monitoring room is in reasonable condition, and the white polystyrene wall-tiles provide good light reflection.

10d30bc.jpg

13550a0.jpg

16c2fe7.jpg

198c792.jpg

2267b55.jpg

2516b49.jpg

Connections and patch board for TeleTalk system.

285ba6d.jpg

Light timer switch to automatically turn lights off after personnel have vacated the bunker.

3176678.jpg

3438586.jpg

Room containing original chemical toilet.

3754dd1.jpg

40e6b43.jpg

4731d27.jpg

5043e24.jpg

Last edited:

CJMooch

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fancy a trip one day? I’m round corner from it if I’m quite honest. Just may need a key?

Go for it you two, shit I would live their.

Looks well, rat race hide away.

If I had a car and a normal brain lol, I would pick you Lot up for a mooch.

Am a Stockport pleb.

geoff.bullough2018@gmail.

28DL Member
28DL Member
I lived about 6 houses away from this bunker from 1960 to 1970 . At first it was a very visible concrete box on concrete legs - a bit like a water tower to look at , only about 3 metres off the ground I was told and used by the Royal Observer Corps during WW 2 as it has a good view over Trafford park and Eccles from a safe distance . That box was demolished and replaced by the underground bunker during the 1960's .

Flawed

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi my friend introduced me to this site after i mentioned a pic i saw on an Atherton residents F.B group they posted a pic of hatch door open n just said they saw it open walkin dogs. I grew up in Atherton on Hag Fold, me n my mates used go up rucks a lot as teenagers we didnt know it was there n we walked past it loads,when my friend showed me where it is on maps ,so many times we passed it in late 80s early 90s. Im not good with punctuation,hope this post makes sense. Im livin in wigan now seen some interesting looking pipes n holes along river

Who has read this thread (Total: 181) View details