real time web analytics
Report - - Axis Park Industrial Estate, Blackburn, July 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Axis Park Industrial Estate, Blackburn, July 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

LancashireExplorations

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The History
Built in 2007 and finished in 2008 this small industrial estate was another development in this area of Blackburn to rejuvenate the area and bring in jobs and trade, the proposed plan was to open as offices and small businesses but the money ran out for before they could be completed the main benefactors were Trevor Dawson & co and also Richard Wharton of king Sturge ,the entire site consists of 130,000 square feet of land with both blocks taking up 18,000 sq feet of office space the original plan was for 18 of these units to be built they managed to erect just two. (Thanks to @Lancashire lad for finding this information).

The Explore

This explore wasn't planned, after doing Biillinge Hospital a few hours earlier. Me @Lancashire lad & @godgp78 were driving home and on the way stopped to take some photos of a statue but the @godgp78 remembered about the Office Complex a little down the road.
Access was easy other than getting caught on a nail or two it seems all the local chavs had smashed every window inside only leaving 1 or 2 undamaged, very happy I wore boots so my feet were fine.. Nothing really 'ere but got some good snaps.

-Enjoy.

2nd floor.JPG
closer.JPG
inside block, region grayscale.JPG
inside looking out.JPG
outside in flowers.JPG
outside.JPG
secuirty.JPG
stairs.JPG
top florr.JPG

Last edited: