real time web analytics
Report - - Bank's Langley Maltings, Nr Oldbury. | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bank's Langley Maltings, Nr Oldbury.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Langley maltings was the larger sister maltings to Lichfield maltings. Like its sister it was shut in 2007. Recently demolition of any later additions and the malt storage hoppers.

Since Raddog and I's visit in 2008 lots has changed. Other than the demo lots of the malting's contents has gone. That said, there were still plenty of the now infamous "Boby" barrows, and other tools of the malting trade left dotted around.

The maltings boasts 7 malting floors, sadly all have had the Stanley patent tiles removed and wiremesh installed. The furnaces have also been converted to house more modern methods of heat production. Other than that the building is pretty much as it was at its time of construction.

All original buildings are set to become apartments, preserving this beautiful building.

Langleymalt1of27.jpg

Langleymalt10of27.jpg

Langleymalt11of27.jpg

Langleymalt12of27.jpg

Langleymalt13of27.jpg

Langleymalt14of27.jpg

Langleymalt15of27.jpg

Langleymalt16of27.jpg

Langleymalt17of27.jpg

Langleymalt18of27.jpg

Langleymalt19of27.jpg

Langleymalt2of27.jpg

Langleymalt20of27.jpg

Langleymalt21of27.jpg

Langleymalt22of27.jpg

Langleymalt23of27.jpg

Langleymalt24of27.jpg

Langleymalt25of27.jpg

Langleymalt26of27.jpg

Langleymalt27of27.jpg

Langleymalt3of27.jpg

Langleymalt4of27.jpg

Langleymalt5of27.jpg

Langleymalt6of27.jpg

Langleymalt7of27.jpg

Langleymalt8of27.jpg

Langleymalt9of27.jpg

Last edited:

Kempes

Feckless & irresponsible
28DL Full Member
Just got there, It looks really bad.:mad:
Firebrigade said it started about 11ish last night on the top floor.
The right hand side of building as you look at the place looks the most badly damaged, apparently the fire started in the top(ish) floor.Most of the roof is gone on that section - The road is closed so its hard to see but i will have a look later and a chat with the fire brigade.
There is a big section of skyline i can see from where i am (uphigh nearby) that was not there before.

Recently there have been things i have seen that have concerned me plus the fact you could just almost walk straight in to the place for the last few weeks and coupled with contractors cutting stuff out .Its been a recipe for disaster.

What an utter waste. Gutted

Kempes

Feckless & irresponsible
28DL Full Member
Im very sorry to have to post these, my blood is boiling.
Another amazing building lost through complete incompitance .Shooting would not be good enough for the people who did or caused this...

Into the sun pics im afraid, this is a few minutes ago.

DSC09493.jpg

DSC09490.jpg

Gutting

Last edited:

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Can we see them restoring this now? What a "coincidence" the fire has destroyed the most noteworthy section of the building...

DoddyOD

28DL Member
28DL Member
I have been looking at the nice pikey sized opening for the last week or so, visible from the road, on my way to/from the train station, wondering how easy it would be to "pop my head in" to take a look, suppose we know how easy it was to get in now.

Shame to see a tasteful renovation/re-use turn into another generic canalside yuppie flat development, then again who would want to live in a flat overlooking the chemical works?

BBC news coverage @ BBC NEWS | England | West Midlands | Fire destroys ex-brewery building