real time web analytics
Report - - Barking Power Station, February 2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Barking Power Station, February 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

2wid

ratamahatta
28DL Full Member
It was the last point of a very intense trip to ze capital and only myself and Keïteï decided to give it a go. Even though we didn't manage to find all the features (at that point i was half asleep) it still was a good choice to visit here. We came across the biblical amount of pigeon crap and mud, i scored quite hilarious fall trying to climb the entrance to the substations control room, we finished the whole diversion with an epic ride between the lorry containers, good times.

history: Construction of the station begun in 1920, prior to the construction Barking Urban District Council had operated its own small power station near to their offices since 1897. The original power station site, of the coal-fired A, B and C stations was at River Road, Creekmouth, on the north bank of the River Thames. These stations were decommissioned by the end of the 1980s and have since been demolished, there are only two remaining buildings: 33kv Substation and Office Block.

33kv Substation

01.jpg

03.jpg
02.jpg

05.jpg
06.jpg

13.jpg

04.jpg

Office Block

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg