real time web analytics
BATH STONE QUARRIES by DEREK HAWKINS | Books and Media | 28DaysLater.co.uk

BATH STONE QUARRIES by DEREK HAWKINS

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

upthedump

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Another advanced notice of another terrific new illustrated book all about the underground stone quarries in the Bath, Corsham and north-west Wiltshire area, written by Derek Hawkins and published by Folly Books.

224 pages, 260 x 260mm, with 450 fabulous photos and plans. We've included a few photo's subhmitted by a 28 Days member, which I'm really pleased about.

Available from Amazon: Bath Stone Quarries: Amazon.co.uk: Hawkins, Derek: 9780956440549: Books
and on the Folly Books website at: Folly Books welcome page

Publication date is 21 November, so we should be able to distribute them in time for Christmas

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
The cover picture has the crane from Box with the wrong pincers that couldn't have lifted anything, still looks good though, I'll have one of these I think.

upthedump

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We've actually used a slightly different (and better!) image on the front cover for the production versions of this book. It will appear on our website shortly and on Amazon when they get around to it (very slow at things like that!).

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Just looking at the booklist on follybooks...

BOOKdisaster.jpg

...I thought the book was 'disasters underground'? That's what my cover says anyway.

upthedump

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yep... I didn't publish this one... just wrote it (about ten years ago). It was published by Pen & Sword Books. This is another example of Amazon using a pre-production cover image and not bothering to subsequently update it.

tommo

shire lad born & breeding
28DL Full Member
nice to see your pics in the tucker :rolleyes:, looks another great book and well worth a read, the old b+w shots are really cool

d86

ian beal's twin brother..
28DL Full Member
Just picked up a copy of this from the auther really good read some nice pics even of they are a tad to bright for my tastes.....nice one derrick....