real time web analytics
Report - - Battersea Powerstation, London - Oct 2013 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Battersea Powerstation, London - Oct 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
Yes, it's another Battersea report! Well it had to be done really, I've put it off long enough, what with stories of ruthless security and a guaranteed night in the cells if you got caught, the place being like a maze if you didn't know it well.

It was tons of fun and we spent waaaay longer in there than we expected to, so much so that we had to postpone something else we were going to do that night until another day.

Visited with so many people I can't remember, but among them was Frosty and SirJohnnyP who deserves a shout as despite the fact he was a little worse for wear not to mention a bit lost at times, he did guide us mostly round the place and it would have been a lot harder without him. Also shouts to another member who has been more than generous with sharing information on the place, you know who you are.

So without further delay I present to you "YABR" (Yet another Battersea Report) starting, as always, with control room 'A'

IMG_8100_zps32f60893.jpg

IMG_8102_zps6a4042fc.jpg

IMG_8112_zps838cac80.jpg

IMG_8121_zps35f4800d.jpg

IMG_8132_zps99c7c2e3.jpg

IMG_8123_zpsdfb4fcf5.jpg

We did a brief visit to the 'white room' a curious mock up of a hotel room in the middle of the place, quite surreal. I didn't bother with any pics, but we chilled there for about half hour, had a fag and watched and episode of danger mouse on youtube.

Then control room 'B' this wasn't as big as I expected it to be, but it's still impressive none the less.

IMG_8135_zps954007d7.jpg

IMG_8133_zps85c3334a.jpg

IMG_8149_zps8a361824.jpg

IMG_8136_zps0c363cc1.jpg

Yeah it HAD to be done, I know it's not original but I don't care. :P
IMG_8145_zps9123c05a.jpg

IMG_8154_zpsf197273a.jpg

And after that and much farting around getting back down, we decided the night wouldn't be complete without climbing up to the base of at least one of the stacks, so we picked the North tower of 'A' side and went for it. Unfortunately it was very windy and spitting with rain so I didn't really get any good pics, I wasn't really that bothered, I just wanted to get up close to one of the famous white chimneys.

IMG_8177_zpsb2e297bb.jpg

IMG_8170_zps967f84a0.jpg

And that was that, mission accomplished. It's only taken me 6 years to get round to it.

Thanks for looking

Maniac.

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details