real time web analytics
Report - - Bentley Priory | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bentley Priory

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

wasnotgod

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I missed the open day as i was away in Berlin on work, Last saturday found an easy route in and took a few uninspiaring pics, i had to skirt around the edges of the base as the listed officers mess has cams and all sorts going there, also everything has been dicommisioned and all signs removed from what i could make out, I was in there for 35mins before a security van came straight for me and police were called,
This place has lot's of security, and the bunker is still owned by the M.O.D i later found out.

A bit of it's history:

RAF Bentley Priory was a non-flying Royal Air Force station near Stanmore in the London Borough of Harrow. It was famous as the headquarters of Fighter Command during the Battle of Britain and the Second World War. The RAF Bentley Priory site includes a Grade II* listed Officers' Mess and Italian Gardens. These, together with the park are designated a Registered Garden Grade II,Bentley Priory also became the Administrative Headquarters for RAF Strike Command (although this function moved to High Wycombe in 1972).

The Royal Air Force station role ceased on 30 May 2008, following the relocation of units to their new accommodation at RAF Northolt and the site will be used for private accommodation and the Officers' Mess will become a Battle of Britain museum.

perimeter

IMG_9445-1.jpg

Bunker fire exit?
IMG_9455-1.jpg

IMG_9454-1.jpg

Main bunker entrance:
IMG_9500-1.jpg

IMG_9502-1.jpg

IMG_9449.jpg

No idea but well fortified:Says " heat exchanger No.2" on the door
IMG_9450-1.jpg

IMG_9451.jpg

IMG_9447.jpg

There were 3 of these cages with ladders leading down:

IMG_9463-1.jpg

IMG_9461-1.jpg

This one had a ramp leading down, you could here fans or some kinda
extraction:
IMG_9464-1.jpg

Some of the outskirt buldings within the base:
IMG_9440-1.jpg

IMG_9442-1.jpg

IMG_9505-1.jpg

Couldn't take any pics of the spitfires they had as i was being lead out, but the harrier has vanished, it's still shows it on google earth and i didn't pinch it.

Last edited: