real time web analytics
Information - - Beth Doe Report (Pennsylvania) | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Beth Doe Report (Pennsylvania)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

alex17595

Down t'pit
Regular User
I always find it very sad when you have graves of unkown people, especially when they have a horrible death. I've been looking at graveyards from the old west and there's one thats stuck with me 'Here lies a miner that was murdered while working his claim, nobody even knew his name.' Obviously communication was much harder back then but all these people are someone son or daughter, perhaps a mother or father to a child as well.

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If anyone interested this is a fascinating docu that shows how forensic genealogy can trace doe cases. And there is about to be an explosion of cases solved, as GEDmatch has released all their DNA profiles (unless you opt out) to be used to trace unidentified remains.

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Coxieboy yes I made that thread. I'd personally love to see abandoned people become an off shoot of urbex, maybe call it Doe'ing. However, I don't think it would work in the UK as doe's rarely get given a grave here. But in the USA they are generally all buried.

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes interesting thought!I know in Russia they call themselves stalkers. I wonder how many non UK explorers are on the site. Would be good to hear what they say about the differences.

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is one of the most fascinating of all the doe cases. It usually involves two people and they were executed. Its one of those frustrating cases as you think with two of them it would be easier to solve. Well today it was finally announced that they have. Its took almost 45 years, they just need to find the murderer now...

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Interest (and crushingly sad) post and debate. I guess nothing is absolute and inbetween the black and white there are many shades of grey.

Seen similar "it's urbex, it's not" debates elsewhere on the Web. One that made me laugh was somebody arguing going round English Heritage sites was urbex.

But one thing's for sure. Prefer this sort of stuff over the ghost hunting!

Last edited:

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
*un-usually ;)

I've not watched the video but I've seen on documentaries where they take the skulls of ancient remains and build them up with clay to get a likeness of what they could have looked like.

Yes unusual word that :)

I always look forward to seeing the comparison from the constructed image. Here is the one for the case above, although they didn't have decay, but gunshots to the head. The women looks very similar but the man isn't that close. They are now reconstructing photo images from people DNA. Its going to be a ground breaking development but the ones I've seen so far aren't that good.