real time web analytics
Report - - Binswood School, Leamington Spa - June 12 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Binswood School, Leamington Spa - June 12

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Fee

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I believe this is the first report on the place, so I'll try give as information as I can.

sooooo.. we got into Binswood; built in 1847 as an all boys school, later converted into a sixth form college in 1977 then closed in 2009.

We first gained access just over a week ago, my god were we chuffed, this place is tight. Cameras, PIR's, on site security and every single window and door iron boarded up to the third floor. Also, no broken windows - where are chavs these days?? But we're awesome you see :cool:

We then payed it a second trip this bank holiday, and jeez they are moving fast. After nosing over the site managers report, they started work on the site the day after we got in a week ago (talk about flukey). They have since built a concrete road, invited in a bunch of JCB's, built a new big fence and cleaned up inside. From the look of the plans, the workers are scheduled in every day from now, so you'll struggle to get in unless you go at night (que the torches..)

Rumours on the thread were all true - the school is complete with indoor pool, gym, chapel, hall and stage, the ladder at the back of the stage was also a goldmine (http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=53624). We also came across amazing basements dating back to the 1800's, hidden outbuildings filled with unusual machinery, tower spires full of school-kids graffiti and classrooms representing interesting teaching methods (German written on walls and ceilings?). The inside really is quite bare now, but the place is huge. But we spent a good day in a there overall - which I think speaks for itself.

The explore ended in a well-timed dramatic exit as we somehow set off the extremely sensitive fire alarm. Security were there in seconds, lucky for us we got out in time. A great explore, and a shame to see it go. Just glad we got in when we did.

Visited with iamsilverfox

Front

bwinswoooood.jpg

Back

Outside-3.jpg

•

HallWindows.jpg

StageHall.jpg

SINKS.jpg

Classroom.jpg

ChapelShelves.jpg

ChapelWindows.jpg