real time web analytics
Report - - Boddington Hall, Leeds university halls of residence, July 2020 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Boddington Hall, Leeds university halls of residence, July 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Lancashire lad

chief taster for costa coffee
28DL Full Member
HISTORY
Bodington Hall
was the largest hall of residence of the University of Leeds, in Leeds, England. It was opened in 1961 and closed in 2013. The site still contains the university's main playing fields. Known as Bod within the university, it was located between Lawnswood and Adel, approximately 4 miles north of the main campus. Bodington was used mainly to house first year undergraduate students. Out of term, it was used for conferences and sporting activities such as WorldNET, the Internet football Association's annual tournament, And from 1994 to 2012 it was the venue for the International medievil congress (IMC).
The site opened in October 1961, And was completed by 1963. The following year architect Denis Mason-Jones won the Leeds Gold Medal for his design. The hall was named after Sir Nathan Boddington, the first Vice chancellor of the university. Bodington was originally an all-male hall, with Woodsley, Vaughan, Hay and Seton Houses becoming mixed at the start of the academic year 1976 and the other four following later. For that year the Woodsley student president was Chris Snowden, later Professor Sir Christopher Snowden, Vice chancellor of the University of Surrey and subsequently the University of Southampton. A large decorative panel in aluminium by the sculptor Hubert Dalwood was installed on the exterior of the refectory and was Grade II listed in 2012.
The self-catering flats were opened in September 1992.
The academic year 2011/12 was the last year that students lived a full year in the halls although a smaller group of students, including late accommodation applications and students from Clearing, were allowed to stay in the halls for the first term of 2012/13. Bodington Hall was officially closed in January 2013, and demolished to enable housing to be built on the site.

EXPLORE
So Boddington hall , Leeds uni residence Was at first glance a decent looking explore, Four floors and a few big assembly halls plus a few other rooms to play in, If i had not of put so much time into avoiding the people working from home in the new built estate round the back, then scaling the fence on the main road in full view of the houses and trying to avoid passing cars and hoards of people i probably would of walked away. once inside access was quickly found and in i went. the only issue is the doors at either end of the corridors were sealed tight so the access i found only lead into the first floor corridor that was lined with room after room of the same dreary design and layout, Only the blacked out bathroom to break up the monotony of this first floor, Back outside i headed round the back and what would of been about 20 different ways in were now just ply wood panels of dissapointment egging me on to walk further into the long wet grass and tall thistle bushes , So on i went determined not to let this little tower block beat me after a rather successful day of exploring elsewhere. Round and round i went until i came across a small kitchen window kindly broken by local youths or maybe one of the frequenting crack heads that has left numerous items of evidence about the place. In i went nervous now that i might come across some local scally cooking up a fix in one of the upper rooms and looking about i found a nice piece of wooden doweling that looked like it could cope with a few whacks of a crack heads skull, i explored the place from top to bottom and each room was the same as the first lot i explored at the beginning apart from a few rooms stacked with white goods such as fridges and the odd hot rack to warm pies. Feeling deflated i headed back down to the kitchen to make my escape when i noticed a full window open into the assembly halls so with nothing left to loose i ventured back inside, no evidence of drug use in this part so i left my handy makeshift weapon at the window. Nothing in this part either other than a small bit of evidence that there could of been a uni bar here and maybe they had live music nights. Access into the ann summers shop i saw at the front was also heavily locked (must have been a left over box of dildos in there or summat) anyway now fully pissed off and wondering why had wasted the best part of an hour n half in here, with fully wet shoes, Socks, Maybe a touch of the old corona and just enough images to put together an album for you guys i headed off home.

The first pik is not mine and was courtesy of google images.

2370175467_451fcd22d7_b.jpg

leeds uni-3.jpg

leeds uni-6.jpg

leeds uni-7.jpg

leeds uni-10.jpg

leeds uni-16.jpg

leeds uni-17.jpg

leeds uni-22.jpg

leeds uni-24.jpg

leeds uni-19.jpg

leeds uni-26.jpg

Last edited: