real time web analytics
Report - - Bon Accord Baths, Aberdeen June 2008 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bon Accord Baths, Aberdeen June 2008

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Gorecki

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This was acutally mamma Gorecki who took these photos....

The baths have been closed for almost a year now due to council cuts.
It is a stunning art deco building in the center of Aberdeen. I got in touch with the Scottish Heritage Society and as the building is listed, I was glad to hear that it won't be turning into pink and peach executive flats as many of Aberdeen's old buildings are now.

I've posted a report on here previously of the main pool and diving boards, and these are new pictures of the turkish baths [which I didn't even know existed] boiler rooms and laundry area. My ma got access to the building to help clear out sports equipment and chairs for the bad kids and decided to go for a wee wander and take photos for "my club" ... as she calls this!! :D

"Aberdeen City Council’s Central Area Committee has agreed to declare the Bon Accord Baths and Queens Links Outdoor Centre surplus to requirements.
The sports facilities were closed earlier this year following the budget cuts.
There have been no identified uses for the properties.
The responsibility for investigating future options for the buildings will be passed to the head of resources developments and delivery.
Declaring the Bon Accord Baths and Queens Links Outdoor Centre surplus to requirements is an entirely procedural issue and does not have any impact on opportunities parties may have to submit business plans for the premises."

I wander if they used the old laundry equimpent up until its closure!!

DSC05330.jpg

DSC05190.jpg

DSC05200.jpg

DSC05188.jpg

DSC05202.jpg

DSC05372.jpg

DSC05371.jpg

DSC05252.jpg

DSC05258.jpg

DSC05288.jpg

DSC05277.jpg

DSC05280.jpg