real time web analytics
Report - - Bon Accord Baths, Aberdeen, 30/01/08 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bon Accord Baths, Aberdeen, 30/01/08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Gorecki

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Found out that the Bon Accord Baths have been closed since October last year and due to re-open again this April. Having heard that it was empty... and this is a VERY rare sight, I HAD to get in here. :D

Used to train here evrey day after school back in the day when i was much fitter and i just love it... art deco and empty swimming pools make me one happy girl. Anyway, bit of history:

"Construction of the art déco building commenced in 1936 and was completed a few months into World War 2. The maple wood lined facility comprises a forty yard pool with diving boards...... "

One point I was lying in the middle of the empty pool and i heard a voice "ye ken there's nae water" I looked up and it was a guy from the gym round the front, then he made swim motions with his arms. "how observant" i shouted back. ... Time to leave....

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

standing on the top board.....
there was another platform above but the steps had been taken away :confused:

IMG_0390.jpg

Gorecki

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Bon Accord Baths, Aberdeen. Report 30.01/08

It re-opens in April. I didnt realise it was closed too, I phoned up wanting to do lifeguard qualification lol and they said to try the beach!! I didnt go down the slope, its SO steep... and its 4.5m deep. i had images of the fire brigade coming to rescue me :D

Gorecki

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Bon Accord Baths, Aberdeen, 30/01/08 - REPORT

Found this old postcard of the baths when it first opened :D

DSC04696.jpg