real time web analytics
Question - - Boobie trap/ shotgun trap? | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Boobie trap/ shotgun trap?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Boots432

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've had a location near me on my radar thay I found via YouTube. The location dosent seem that well traveled explorer wise.

But in the video the explorer finds what he exclaims to be a "shotgun trap". I'm not clueless when it comes to firearms or traps so I'd presume it's a blank cartridge ment to scare the shit out of somone or alert the owner. As this building it in farmers land near the farm house.

I'm not one to kick up a fuss, but if I was to explore said building and "accidentally" set such trap off. The land owner would be 100% liable to anything that happens to me?

I do understand the want for security but setting traps that's just uncalled for.

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Check with firearm legislation.

I believe they are legal as they are not intended to cause harm,however if you get hearing damage farmer may be liable but he can get round this by posting warning signs

Boots432

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ive done a bit of research and I can't find anything on the legality
Check with firearm legislation.

I believe they are legal as they are not intended to cause harm,however if you get hearing damage farmer may be liable but he can get round this by posting warning signs

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Look harder ;)
40B08F61-F9BD-4837-BF47-0A5A926180BE.png

0B1B10D4-F1B8-4951-BAB7-71D054A6033E.jpeg

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
So basically they are legal to use but the farmer needs to install them so that the blank is not at head/ear height……..installed so kids/animals can’t get to blank.
If there are any warning signs anywhere on property then he’s covered

tigger

mog
Regular User
Perfectly legal and no requirement for a gun licence to purchase them or use them. Signage is not a requirement.

They should not be used in a position where other people have a LEGAL right of access...so putting them in your outside loo is fine as long as it's not shared with the neighbours.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I accidentally stumbled across one inside the perimeter fence of the Greenham Common GAMA site years ago and it went off, it took us a minute or so after we'd both soiled ourselves thanks to the massive unexpected cracking noise breaking the peace of the tranquil morning to locate it and work out what it was. Luckily it was right at the very end of the explore so nothing came of it.

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Iv set one off too, just a blank at ground level 6ft from me.
Did the trick I was out of there quick smart & sure enough within mins there were people from nearby properties there.
As prev comments they should only b blanks so u can't do much about em

tez111

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Haha that's my video, there's a few of these trip wires set up with blanks attached, just step over them, be warned the farmer here is f nuts haha

Who has read this thread (Total: 181) View details