real time web analytics
Report - - Buchley Magazine, Bishopbriggs - 20.1.08 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Buchley Magazine, Bishopbriggs - 20.1.08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

D

Defqon

Having seen a post on this place by The Fox, a few weeks back I decided to have a look myself as it is fairly local.

I wont re-iterate what has already been said but this was part of the Clyde Defences, which also included decoys and HAA batterys. As such it was designated as a

World War II Anti-aircraft Ordnance Depot and Emergency Equipment Ammunition Magazine​

The RCAHMS link states there as being only one 18 bay magazine present on site, which leads me to believe that the roofless bunker mentioned in The Fox's report was never completed (this would also explain the rubble contained within, as there may never have been a roof covering)

Upon first entering the site, next to Bonded Warehouses, this is what can be seen. Years of moss underfoot does not bode well for cheap boots.
DSCF5917.jpg

Looking upon the roofless bunker
DSCF5919.jpg

Within the Bunker
DSCF5922.jpg

Possible Service entry?
DSCF5924.jpg

What the bunker should look like.
DSCF5956.jpg

DSCF5957.jpg

DSCF5954.jpg

Suprisingly enough the years are getting the better of the place

DSCF5949.jpg

DSCF5947.jpg

I had always assumed that the dirt was driven up against the containing walls as protection. Never thought that there would be a wooden supprt structure underneath.
DSCF5946.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details