real time web analytics
Report - - Burgoyne Burbidges and Co. Chemical works, East ham, London - March 2015 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Burgoyne Burbidges and Co. Chemical works, East ham, London - March 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@clebby only just seen that sorry, not sure, but from what i can gather it's a victorian row of houses and I think they used to have an extension or a window. Maybe some sort of stupid regulation made them brick it up?

Cheers for the comments guys! Hopefuly these new London members will get in and have a look :)

huey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some lovely pics and to echo what others are saying,nice to see a quality report,too much shit around lately,keep up the good work.

RogerB

28DL Member
28DL Member
My grandfather, Albert George Mussell, worked at Burgoynes in the 1910s/1920s and maybe later, as a pharmaceutical chemist. In the first and third photos, he is the man in the lab coat. I don't know the names of the other people.

Attachments

• m061.jpg
    m061.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 22
  • m061b.jpg
    m061b.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 17
  • m062.jpg
    m062.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 19

Theanders

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What's with the crazy bricked up windows on all of those houses?
Those houses are actually flats (in Brooks Ave). I used to live at 37a where our garden over looked the rear of this place. At the time it was being used by Newham Council as storage.

The parts that are bricked up were a door that opened up from a foyer. There used to railings there to stop you falling out. The upstairs flats were fairly basic. The bath was in the kitchen which usually had a wooden cover over it when not in use. The toilet was next door, accessed from the foyer where those bricked up doors are.