real time web analytics
Report - - Bus Graveyard, Tintern Wales | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bus Graveyard, Tintern Wales

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

L

Lottey

A random find, me and my boyfriend were having a day out when we stumbled upon these beautiful old buses.

I don't have much info on this place, all i know is that you can find them in South East Wales near Tintern. Going by one of the signs on the buses they date back to the 1930's, although that was the more intact bus, i found two more which were pretty much skeletons.

I'm going back here soon to take some better pics, i couldn't really climb about much as i was in a dress and pathetic girly shoes, really want to get inside to see if i find anything interesting!

This was the bus in best condition:
WalesRegentsPark112.jpg

WalesRegentsPark111.jpg

WalesRegentsPark125.jpg

Inside the bottom deck:
WalesRegentsPark121.jpg

Top deck:
WalesRegentsPark123.jpg

Back when people could smoke on buses:
WalesRegentsPark124.jpg

Cheers:
WalesRegentsPark122.jpg

WalesRegentsPark116.jpg

The other busses were being eaten by foliage:
WalesRegentsPark118.jpg

WalesRegentsPark119.jpg

chills

Queller of the uprising
Is this anywhere near tintern abbey please?

You won’t get a reply from the author of this, it was posted in 2010 as a guest.

Your best bet is having a recce yourself, use Google Maps, and have a research unless anybody actually knows for sure.

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
Both have had V5s issued in the last 2 years so must still be around-both on SORN. They are not at the site shown in the pictures. Both are being in the process of being converted into mobile homes. There are no recent pictures on line on how this work is progressing.
GNY 433C was new to Caerphilly UDC – it has a Massey-body and is a Leyland Titan PD3/4. It had passed to Rhymney Valley District Council on its formation in 1974. In 1997 it found its way into preservation but within 3 years had become a caravan/ mobile home.
CTT 510C was new to Devon General 5/1965 as 510. It is an AEC Regent V with Park Royal body.

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
CTT 510C was originally bought out of driver trainer use by Matty & Sylvia c1994 , fitted out & then sold to Scatman Jason before being owned by Tania & then Osmin . Then it seems to have been barn stored & ready to become a glamper , but since 2011 its been open stored near Tintern. It didn't sell for 12k on Greedbay Information from Dave at https://www.travellerhomes.co.uk/

Claire1107

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This place has been posted about a lot recently, no luck when visiting myself tho as got some weird vibes that it’s occupied

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
The pictures in the report could have been taken at Parkend - but there is no up to date listing for GNY 433c so may have been scrapped. CTT 510C listed as owned by someone in Leinywardine but it's location not given. Lydney site is The London Bus Export Company. The Chepstow company is Chepstow classic buses with vehicles stored all over the place including Scotland and North Devon.

Who has read this thread (Total: 311) View details