real time web analytics
Report - - Buxshalls Manor, West Sussex - May 2021 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Buxshalls Manor, West Sussex - May 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

D

Dragon_Urbex

This was the last explore @Landie_Man and I did after we did Shoreham. There was a definite end of the day feel here, as we spent about half an hour or so here. A brief history: the house was built in a Greek Revival style in 1825 and became a care home sometime in the 20th century, before closing down in or around the 2011 mark. I've not been able to find too much about the site, so excuse me if I'm mistaken on the dates - going on some old resident papers found in there with 2011 written on!

The Explore:

I'd seen this place crop up on Facebook a couple of times and from the photos, it looked quite nice. However, after getting there it was evident that some sort of work had gone on since the pics were taken - a lot of ceilings have been ripped down which is a huge shame. The building dates from 1825 so for the ceilings to be destroyed is quite a pity! But, saying that, there were some lovely architectural remains still there, including a few decorative cornices, the staircase and a couple of nice fireplaces. Sadly the rest is quite a shell now. Enjoy the photos!

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

DSC_2703 (2).JPG

DSC_2702 (2).JPG

DSC_2699 (2).JPG

DSC_2701 (2).JPG

DSC_2692 (2).JPG

DSC_2695 (2).JPG

DSC_2696 (2).JPG

DSC_2698 (2).JPG

DSC_2687 (2).JPG

DSC_2683 (2).JPG

DSC_2684 (2).JPG

DSC_2682 (2).JPG

And finally a nice old bath!

DSC_2688 (2).JPG

Thanks for readin'!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Still has some nice features. Is this the one that the main house would be retained and refurbished to providing three dwellings and eight apartments.?

Lou19

28DL Member
28DL Member
This was the last explore @Landie_Man and I did after we did Shoreham. There was a definite end of the day feel here, as we spent about half an hour or so here. A brief history: the house was built in a Greek Revival style in 1825 and became a care home sometime in the 20th century, before closing down in or around the 2011 mark. I've not been able to find too much about the site, so excuse me if I'm mistaken on the dates - going on some old resident papers found in there with 2011 written on!

The Explore:

I'd seen this place crop up on Facebook a couple of times and from the photos, it looked quite nice. However, after getting there it was evident that some sort of work had gone on since the pics were taken - a lot of ceilings have been ripped down which is a huge shame. The building dates from 1825 so for the ceilings to be destroyed is quite a pity! But, saying that, there were some lovely architectural remains still there, including a few decorative cornices, the staircase and a couple of nice fireplaces. Sadly the rest is quite a shell now. Enjoy the photos!

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

DSC_2703 (2).JPG

DSC_2702 (2).JPG

DSC_2699 (2).JPG

DSC_2701 (2).JPG

DSC_2692 (2).JPG

DSC_2695 (2).JPG

DSC_2696 (2).JPG

DSC_2698 (2).JPG

DSC_2687 (2).JPG

DSC_2683 (2).JPG

DSC_2684 (2).JPG

DSC_2682 (2).JPG

And finally a nice old bath!

DSC_2688 (2).JPG

Thanks for readin'!
I worked in this lovely home when it was a residential care home almost 16 years ago. It was absolutely beautiful then. I still remember the gold leaf in the living room, it was stunning. I often wondered what happened to it, the staff and residents. Safe to say it is no more

Who has read this thread (Total: 370) View details