real time web analytics
Question - - Camera Backpacks? | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Camera Backpacks?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Ever since i first bought a DSLR about 10 year ago i've been using a Tamrac Adventure 7, i've actually had two in that time but that's not bad attrition considering where they have been dragged.. The other week the zip finally went on my current one but looking online they seem to be pretty impossible to get now. Theres a smaller one on ebay i will have a punt on but i was wondering if anyone knows of an equivalent i can buy new?

5547.jpg

It must be a double strap rucksack that's not obviously a camera bag, it must have a camera compartment that's well padded and secured by more than just a crappy zip (gravity is acceptable), It must be black or dark colours, must have a separate compartment for general stuff and preferably a proper battery storage compartment. Oh and not too big or expensive and not cheap shit!

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Camera bag dilemma. I struggle finding a decent one because I always want a proper well designed way to carry a tripod (not the poxy clip you get on most bags, if any.)

My last bag was a LowePro PhotoSport, but it's really not rugged enough, it's made from lightweight RipStop stuff. It it was made from Cordura it would be a winner.

All-time favourite for me was the LowePro Offroad.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I've been quite happy with my Tamrac Mirage 6, served me well for a few years now. Seems to fit your requirements too, plus very comfy.

I like the look of that. They don't make it any more though, is there a newer equivalent?

drhowser

Bespectacled & irrelevant
Regular User
Ever since i first bought a DSLR about 10 year ago i've been using a Tamrac Adventure 7, i've actually had two in that time but that's not bad attrition considering where they have been dragged.. The other week the zip finally went on my current one but looking online they seem to be pretty impossible to get now. Theres a smaller one on ebay i will have a punt on but i was wondering if anyone knows of an equivalent i can buy new?

It must be a double strap rucksack that's not obviously a camera bag, it must have a camera compartment that's well padded and secured by more than just a crappy zip (gravity is acceptable), It must be black or dark colours, must have a separate compartment for general stuff and preferably a proper battery storage compartment. Oh and not too big or expensive and not cheap shit!​

I've got something a bit similar in the attic at my parents, if you are anywhere near Boston anytime you can pick it up for nothing. They'll be glad to get some of the space back..

1.0x0.jpg

Pretty much like that as far as I can remember.​

NickUk

Ermahgerd
28DL Full Member
Lowepro Versapack 200. Asbolutely boss.

If you want a cheap one though, Lowepro Orion bags can be head for a couple of quid on ebay and are sound enough. The straps leave a bit to be desired but i've seen/used a lot worse!

Reactions: m9

TranKmasT

"You BOY!
Regular User
I've scaled back a bit recently. Tired of lugging around a lowe pro Rover aw and not using half the stuff.
I'm liking my lowepro slingshot edge 250 aw. Beats taking it off my shoulders as I used to bring bird shit back home with me, putting it on a derp floor.
I carry a tripod seperately.

Reactions: jST