real time web analytics
Question - - Camera Backpacks? | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Camera Backpacks?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Spec says 210D Oxford Nylon. Means nothing to me!

Think you answered this as I was editing my post. The bag externally is Cordura 500, which is fairly tough and abrasion resistant. My current bag is lightweight ripstop which really isn't up to much in this game.

joelmnadler

aband0nedphotography
28DL Full Member
Ever since i first bought a DSLR about 10 year ago i've been using a Tamrac Adventure 7, i've actually had two in that time but that's not bad attrition considering where they have been dragged.. The other week the zip finally went on my current one but looking online they seem to be pretty impossible to get now. Theres a smaller one on ebay i will have a punt on but i was wondering if anyone knows of an equivalent i can buy new?

5547.jpg

It must be a double strap rucksack that's not obviously a camera bag, it must have a camera compartment that's well padded and secured by more than just a crappy zip (gravity is acceptable), It must be black or dark colours, must have a separate compartment for general stuff and preferably a proper battery storage compartment. Oh and not too big or expensive and not cheap shit!
Highly recommend the Lowepro Tactic 450 AW

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
I've been using somthing probably no better than a carrier bag to just throw all my crap in and that's getting holes in it. Been after something that has compartments. Loving this thread, I'll have me a new bag very soon I think, I like the set up of the corona range and the tactic 450.
I'm after somthing smaller as i dont carry a dslr but it's got me seriously looking for somthing now.
Great thread.

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Always sworn by the slingshot. Zips are prone to breaking but I love how easy it is to dump your camera in your bag without having to take it off.
I originally bought it as I was noticing that if see things I wanted to shoot, say while walking up to a site or from one building to another, and choosing not to purely out of laziness of not wanting to take my bag off.

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Always sworn by the slingshot. Zips are prone to breaking but I love how easy it is to dump your camera in your bag without having to take it off.
I originally bought it as I was noticing that if see things I wanted to shoot, say while walking up to a site or from one building to another, and choosing not to purely out of laziness of not wanting to take my bag off.
I tried a slingshot but didn't on with it. I found it never stayed in place when crawling through holes or doing things at awkward angles. I generally find two straps more comfortable too. The ease of access was very handy though!

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
I'm currently using a Lowepro flipside trek bp450. bit pricey but plenty of room for umbexy things and plenty of room for lots of camera bits. had mine a year ish and its taken a hammering.

before that i was using a lowepro sport bp 300 aw which had loads of room for stuff but not enough camera space, that took a proper beating and i still have it actually the only reason i changed is because i bought the flipside trek to keep as a nice clean camera bag for when on holiday and whatnot. but i ended up going in a couple of mines with it LOL

FaZy_UK

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I was lucky enough to get a bunch of genuine lowepro bags for pretty cheap from a place I used to work.

I have 2 main ones that I use... slingshot pro 300.. That's good for lightweight underground stuff.

Rover pro 45L AW is huge and great for fitting the DSLR, several lenses and accessories, a sleeping bag and roll mat, and food etc. It made an amazing cata bag.

I even have a couple of spare new ones of each, for when they eventually fail. Been 3 years now though and no sign of damage.