real time web analytics
Report - - Caparo Part 1 - Atlas Fasteners - Darleston - Feb 2016 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Caparo Part 1 - Atlas Fasteners - Darleston - Feb 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Trouble with that one is its all separate buildings. Did the cameras warrant a response? When I checked they seemed dead.

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
Good effort mate. Looks mint. Well done for going for another crack. And just in time too from the sound of things. :thumb

mw0sec

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report, but very sad to see another decent engineering company go to the wall.

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Trouble with that one is its all separate buildings. Did the cameras warrant a response? When I checked they seemed dead.

To be fair, we didn't get chance to check them properly mate, there still seemed to be a lot of activity on site when we did look.

I'll take another look next time I'm up that way... As I'm sure you will!

Nonjuror

28DL Member
28DL Member
We used to Heat Treat some of their Fasteners at Hammond Heat Treatment, Darlaston.
Their furnaces were set up to continually Harden and Temper Fasteners to 8.8 Tensile Grade. After Tempering they were quenched into a Suds solution which gave them the characteristic Blue/Black finish. Sample were Tensile Tested as whole fasteners along with their hardness and metallurgical examination tests.
Hammond Heat Treatment used to treat the higher tensile grades ie 10.9 and 12.9 as these were less common and did not warrant Atlas to interrupt their continuous Grade 8.8 Heat Treatment
Most of these fasteners were used for Automotive Applications ie Rover, Aston Martin etc